Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

3 hours ago, twinsora said:

Nothing from New School yet. 

Has anyone heard back?

Still waiting.  This is the last school I'm waiting to hear from after a string of rejections.  I'm ambivalent about receiving a decision from them - I'd like to keep dreaming I don't have to go through another application cycle, but it'd be nice to rip off the band aid too!  I'm not sure I'd ever be able to swing the $$$ even if I did get accepted, though.   Good luck!

4 hours ago, twinsora said:

Looking to work with Simone Chambers, Cecelia Lynch, Kevin Olson and Kamal Sadiq on a Theory/IR project. 

Did anyone at UCI ever get in touch with you? I was interested in working with Kamal Sadiq too but told, and I quote, "he's not keen on skype, I don't think that will work out."

On 18 Mart 2016 at 1:51 PM, GeneH said:

I got a result today from DPE of cgu. 

Good luck everyone. 

Accepted to phd program in political science at CGU, official letter to come next week.

2 hours ago, IndEnth said:

Did anyone at UCI ever get in touch with you? I was interested in working with Kamal Sadiq too but told, and I quote, "he's not keen on skype, I don't think that will work out."

Simone and Kevin did, as I declared myself to be a theory major over IR; Cecelia is on research leave in Africa, and won't be back until 2017, and nothing from Kamal. 

Committed to UNC-Chapel Hill today after a visit on Monday that went great. Anyone else who ends up committing there and is looking to chat (or for a roommate) feel free to send me a PM. And thanks to everyone in this thread for the entertainment - I hope to work with you in the future!

1 hour ago, Sbrail2 said:

Does anyone have any idea when I can expect to hear back from American? I'm an American Politics PhD applicant, if that helps.

In the same ship. Programs public policy/admin. Been waiting for a long time and its becoming tiresome. Did you try to contact program coordinator? 

Anyone planning on declining an offer from UNC Chapel Hill?
Or have any idea how long this wait list is?

Trying to judge my chance of getting off it............

Now April 1 and I still don't have a decision from one school. Should I call them and ask point blank WTF is going on? I was rejected everywhere else, so everything is riding on this.

1 hour ago, Birdie said:

Now April 1 and I still don't have a decision from one school. Should I call them and ask point blank WTF is going on? I was rejected everywhere else, so everything is riding on this.

American? Me too. 

9 hours ago, Birdie said:

I would suggest to email them..I declined a school that waitlisted me because the person that I spoke with informed me that getting off the waitlist at this point was difficult...

9 hours ago, Birdie said:

Did you get waitlisted ?