Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

I'm about to sign a funding offer & I need to sign an intellectual property agreement that basically says the university is part-copyright holder & will split any profits with the inventor/author while they're a student (or faculty member) -- I'm guessing this is standard for most universities, right? And obviously applies more to science & technology, but just wanted to double check on that before I accept my offer. 

1 hour ago, PoliSci2016 said:

I'm about to sign a funding offer & I need to sign an intellectual property agreement that basically says the university is part-copyright holder & will split any profits with the inventor/author while they're a student (or faculty member) -- I'm guessing this is standard for most universities, right? And obviously applies more to science & technology, but just wanted to double check on that before I accept my offer. 

I do not remember signing it in my offer but at least in my university it is the same as I learned recently. It seems like a standard practice. so it seems that your university just puts it in the offer explicitly.

26 minutes ago, kaykaykay said:

I do not remember signing it in my offer but at least in my university it is the same as I learned recently. It seems like a standard practice. so it seems that your university just puts it in the offer explicitly.

Ok cool, thanks!

Also to the person on the Accepted page who wanted to know if anyone had heard back from Columbia's MA, I haven't (& never received a reply from the person Dr. Fortna nicely referred me to about it, either).

11 hours ago, PoliSci2016 said:

Ok cool, thanks!

Also to the person on the Accepted page who wanted to know if anyone had heard back from Columbia's MA, I haven't (& never received a reply from the person Dr. Fortna nicely referred me to about it, either).

I applied to the Columbia's MA too, and I have not received any reply. I decided to attend NYU, anyway (full tuition).

5 hours ago, Birdie said:

Rejected from my last school. 0-for-4 this season. Time to re-examine my goals and figure out where to go form here.

Sorry to here that. I am confident you will achieve successful in whatever path you choose going forward.

13 hours ago, Birdie said:

Rejected from my last school. 0-for-4 this season. Time to re-examine my goals and figure out where to go form here.

Good luck man. You already have a great masters as you told earlier in posts at this forum. May as well build further and apply in next cycle to a university which pays a real living wage instead of measly stipend?

12 hours ago, NinaNinotshka said:

I'm headed to Cornell, super excited about everything (except the prospect of long, cold winters)!

What field? Did you get off the waitlist or were you accepted immediately? Congrats, it was my dream school but didn't manage to get off the waitlist ! But I will be attending an equally awesome uni !

17 hours ago, kafcat said:

What field? Did you get off the waitlist or were you accepted immediately? Congrats, it was my dream school but didn't manage to get off the waitlist ! But I will be attending an equally awesome uni !

Thanks, I was honestly a bit shocked to get in as it was also one of my top schools! IR, I was accepted in the first round.