HGSE 2016

aina7

2 minutes ago, TheMonkeyOnMyBack said:

Did you lot see this ? 

Harvard University Education, PhD (F16) Interview via E-mail on 23 Jan 2016 U 23 Jan 2016

Saw it, panicked instantly. 

Just now, TheMonkeyOnMyBack said:

@jlt646 did you hear from UPenn yesterday or the day before? Fingers crossed you get an HGSE email soon.!

Thanks- you too! Nothing from Penn, either. Trying to keep myself distracted with bad reality TV and the blizzard, but of course I'm refreshing e-mails every five minutes. 

I thought y'all would be interested in looking at doctoral candidates graduating from HGSE in 2014 and 2015. Both of these lists are for the discontinued Ed.D. program, but the dissertation topics are still relevant for Ph.D. or Ed.L.D. applicants. It seems like a majority of their doctoral candidates first completed a M.Ed. at HGSE.

6 minutes ago, graciasadios said:

I thought y'all would be interested in looking at doctoral candidates graduating from HGSE in 2014 and 2015. Both of these lists are for the discontinued Ed.D. program, but the dissertation topics are still relevant for Ph.D. or Ed.L.D. applicants. It seems like a majority of their doctoral candidates first completed a M.Ed. at HGSE.

Wow, that's not just a majority, that's literally everyone except for 2 of the 25 doctoral candidates already holds an EdM from HGSE.  That's kind of a shocking statistic.

Yeah, I looked around to see if doctoral students can get a M.Ed. en route to the doctorate. I didn't find anything about that, so I assume that all of those came from one of HGSE's terminal M.Ed. programs. It makes sense since there are so many master's degree candidates and HGSE is already familiar with them.

When they switched to the PhD from the EdD they changed the admission practices. Two years ago I spoke with admissions and they had 600 applicants for the PhD, interviewed 50, accepted 25. Of the pool of 600 there were 30 people with a Harvard Ed.M, of which they accepted 3.

Hello, all!

I applied to the Ph.D. program at HGSE this year (HDLT concentration), and I just got an interview offer via email! Super nervous and excited at the same time.

They said the interview will take about 15-20 minutes, which feels short... and I don't know if the brevity signals anything. But oh well, I don't have an emotional room for all these suspicions. I'll just do my best. 

Fellow Ph.D. applicants, I am crossing my fingers for you! 

9 minutes ago, wannabephd89 said:

Hello, all!

I applied to the Ph.D. program at HGSE this year (HDLT concentration), and I just got an interview offer via email! Super nervous and excited at the same time.

They said the interview will take about 15-20 minutes, which feels short... and I don't know if the brevity signals anything. But oh well, I don't have an emotional room for all these suspicions. I'll just do my best. 

Fellow Ph.D. applicants, I am crossing my fingers for you! 

Congrats on the interview invite! :) Hoping more invites are being sent out soon.

On the results page of Hgse, there were some that got admitted! Some were for interview. pure mathematics seemed to fairly popular with four acceptancez. Congrats to all! No news for masters as of yet.. ^_^

3 hours ago, joy27 said:

On the results page of Hgse, there were some that got admitted! Some were for interview. pure mathematics seemed to fairly popular with four acceptancez. Congrats to all! No news for masters as of yet.. ^_^

What do you mean by 'the results page'?

On 1/24/2016 at 0:20 PM, morifol said:

Also, any news on Financial Aid applications, anyone?

I received emails to set up my financial aid portal, but I didn't get an interview email like other candidates have been talking about.  Does obtaining access to the financial aid portal mean something positive perhaps??? :o

28 minutes ago, edldwannabe said:

Have any Ed.L.D. applicants  heard anything? The last thing I heard was that my application is complete.  Should I have received financial aid information?

Why would you receive financial aid information for a program that is completely funded?