PhD Applicants: Fall 2016

17 hours ago, Mb said:

Hi EpiGirl2016, did you receive you official notification yet?

I did. On Thursday I received an automatic e-mail saying that my decision was ready online. I logged in to the Apply Yourself portal and there was a link with my official decision available.

I haven't heard anything from HSPH Pop Health Sciences either (applied for nutrition track). Per past years, it seems decisions were made through March, and each track appears to operate independently, so maybe there is still hope! 

12 hours ago, anthrostudentcyn said:

Does anyone know what the typical funding is that I can expect from a PhD program in Public health?

It varies highly between schools. Some programs are fully funded with stipend - like the Global Health PhD at Washington or the Epidemiology PhD at Michigan. Other programs might only cover a percentage of tuition - like International Health at Hopkins (100% tuition first year; 50% tuition every other year). Funding should be explained in your acceptance letter or in a letter shortly following that notification. 

14 hours ago, COGSCI said:

How did you find out about your wait list status ?? I didn't hear anything from them yet

I did the same thing @EpiGirl2016 did. Got an email saying the decision is available online and it was there in the ApplyWeb portal once I logged in. 

@EpiGirl2016 - congrats on all your acceptances! Do you have any idea how many people have been accepted? and how many are waitlisted in your track? 

7 hours ago, PHN2016 said:

I did the same thing @EpiGirl2016 did. Got an email saying the decision is available online and it was there in the ApplyWeb portal once I logged in. 

@EpiGirl2016 - congrats on all your acceptances! Do you have any idea how many people have been accepted? and how many are waitlisted in your track? 

Thanks! I don't know how many have been accepted or waitlisted. That isn't something that they mentioned to me.

Just now, Jade355 said:

Yes. Today

Yeah - I also got my rejection today from PHS. Not surprised since I all the admits to the epidemiology track heard back already.

Has anyone been following up with Michigan epidemiology?

9 minutes ago, storm_jonas said:

Yeah - I also got my rejection today from PHS. Not surprised since I all the admits to the epidemiology track heard back already.

Has anyone been following up with Michigan epidemiology?

Exactly. Harvard's initial admits were released on 2/12 so I knew I was most likely rejected.

What annoys me is that they always ask you to log into the portal to check your status. Just tell me I am rejected right away. I can take it. Stop wasting my time . God

41 minutes ago, chef-web said:

^ I got an email from the coordinator at Hopkins HBS department. Also got awarded full tuition scholarships for 3 years (and possibilities of RAships for stipends)

That is awesome! Guess I did not make the cut :( 

oh well! At least I have an offer from my third choice, that's good enough for me haha

Just now, SocialEpi1216 said:

Has anyone heard back from the Epi PhD program at UC Berkeley?

I received my acceptance to their tox program last week...not same program but they work closely together (within same school). how i understood was they reach out to the people they want individually via phone/email. like i said though not same program so maybe protocol is diff?