MPH Canada Fall 2016

Snehal2410

hi rsrnmph,

thanks for sharing your academic and experience background. i have applied in u of s and lakehead cose in these uni gre is not mandatory and i haven't attend gre exam. so i applied in these uni only. And waiting for their reply. 

thanks

3 hours ago, DJ-MPH said:

Hello All - USask MPH Applicant - 3.7/4 GPA (3.9 or something in last 2 years... full disclosure.. these are just calculated using random internet sites from percentages) with a strong profile of community involvement and work history, maybe moderate research background. It's the only one I applied to because I want to study in Sask.

Still waiting - but from the looks of it acceptance emails or letters went out around the 9/10 of March last year. 

To the person who was debating USask vs UBC - USask just posted a profile of a 2014 graduate who is already the Manager of Public Health services for a rural health region, after a year in a supervisory role....cool.  Honestly I would choose based on city.  USask's program has a great reputation, and basically anything with UBC's name on it is automatically considered gold.  Saskatoon is a wildly neat city with extremely cold winter weather, dry, beautiful summers and medium-high rentals, obviously Vancouver is amazing  - and  is warmer but rainy, cloudy and super expensive. 

hello DJMPH,

your profile looking great. i also applied in u of s in January and my  application status  shows 'complete under review'.  When you completed your application?  and if you hear back from uni pls share detail.

thanks

I received an e-mail today from University of Alberta's MPH Health Promotion program inviting me for a short 15 minute interview. I wasn't aware that they did interviews as part of their screening process. Did anyone else get a invitation for an interview? 

If anyone has any tips on how to prepare for the interview that would be amazing. 

16 hours ago, mktAuD said:

Applied to UofT MPH OEH stream and got an offer this afternoon. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Congrats to those that were accepted!! 
I'm surprised its so early, seeing that their timeline online is to let people know for the MPH streams between Mid-April - June ! 

I just want to confirm that you all applied for Fall entry and not like a summer entry or something? 

I applied to the Health Promotions stream so no word yet from U of T ! 

Again congratulations! 

31 minutes ago, CL123 said:

I'm surprised its so early, seeing that their timeline online is to let people know for the MPH streams between Mid-April - June ! 

I just want to confirm that you all applied for Fall entry and not like a summer entry or something? 

Again congratulations! 

Yes Sept 2016.

...I was unaware of any summer program.

Yeah it is , but stay strong the patience will pay . And I contacted SFU , they said in a automated email that they are bound to deliver decisions by march 11. While other universities should get it out by late April. I believe international applicants would be selected in the second round of admssions. So, yeah a long wait ahead. Still Hope for the best guys.

cheers!!!

Received a letter of offer for USask late today via email.  Deadline to accept is March 18. 

I don't think the "application" status has changed in their online system - just a letter.

FYI to those waiting - good luck!

Congratulations to everyone that got an offer! I'm an international student and I only applied to U of T (Health Promotion). I'm surprised to see U of T is sending offers so early this year. In last year's thread everyone got one in April-May! 

Anyway, let's keep hope alive! Cheers and greetings from Mexico.

6 hours ago, DJ-MPH said:

Received a letter of offer for USask late today via email.  Deadline to accept is March 18. 

I don't think the "application" status has changed in their online system - just a letter.

Hi!

Congrats for getting an offer from USask. Were you offered any scholarship ?

6 hours ago, Achillies_MPH said:

Hi!

Congrats for getting an offer from USask. Were you offered any scholarship ?

I don't believe the school offers scholarships.   

17 hours ago, DJ-MPH said:

@DJ-MPH Congratulations! When did you send your application by the way? 

On 3/5/2016 at 11:27 AM, CL123 said:

Again congratulations! 

Thanks so much! And yes, I applied for this coming fall entry :) I think different streams have different timelines for interviews/offers. Best of luck, hope you hear from UofT soon!

On 3/7/2016 at 5:44 PM, pulse said:

I was accepted to Alberta's Health Promotion program today! Has anyone heard anything about the program? 

Congrats on your acceptance :). Did you have to interview for the program or just submitted your application through SOPHAS? Did they e-mail to tell you that you were accepted? 

1 hour ago, Jassy said:

Congrats on your acceptance :). Did you have to interview for the program or just submitted your application through SOPHAS? Did they e-mail to tell you that you were accepted? 

Thank you! I actually was not asked to interview for the program, I only submitted my application through SOPHAS. They sent me an email on Monday to tell me that I was accepted. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions! Good luck on your interview :)

Hey guys!

I'm a fourth year Biomedical Science undergrad from University of Guelph, applying for epi programs next year. I included the schools & statuses below. My stats are a 2 year GPA of about ~3.71, experience in academic epidemiology (undergraduate thesis in population medicine), work experience in public health epi (position was health data analyst), and good reference letters (coordinator of Guelph's MPH program and a medical officer of health). However, I haven't been published yet and haven't presented at any major conferences, which I'm worried about. Toronto's MPH (epi stream) is my top choice, but judging from last year's forums I'm not expecting to hear until late april or early may, which sucks :( Any other epi applicants in here?? I'm getting antsy waiting to hear back. Good luck everyone!

Toronto: Under Review

Western: had interview on Feb 29th, still waiting to hear back but I'm not optimistic (they wanted me to have OGS funding...)

Ottawa: Under Review

Guelph: my prof has agreed to work with me again

Hey everyone! And congrats to those accepted! 

Besides the health promotion stream at UofA, it seems like other streams are beginning to send out offers. I just received an email from UofA saying that they plan to recommend me for admission into the health policy and management stream. Did anyone else apply for this stream? They're giving me 2 weeks to respond. 

I'm also waiting to hear back from UofT Epi, Queen's, McMaster and Western. 

My background: 
I graduated from BHSc in Health and Society with a concentration in geography last year. My cGPA is 3.55/4.0 and my final year GPA is 3.68/4.0 (It's a little complicated to include my last two years as I took two summer courses.). I am currently a part-time research assistant working in disability studies scholarship and doing qualitative research. 

This post is quite lengthy, so I'll stop here, but I hope this is helpful for those still waiting to hear back. 

Edited by epihepok