MPH Canada Fall 2016

Snehal2410

On 3/17/2016 at 10:13 AM, mph2016AK said:

Hey!

Has anyone heard from McMaster, Western, Guelph or Waterloo?

Hey mph2016AK, I've heard back from MPH at Mac. The MPH admissions committee let me know that they will be in contact with the School of Graduate Studies in order to extend an offer for entry to the program. SGS has to review my application now, so it's not a formal offer as of yet.

Haven't heard back from Western as of yet. I didn't apply to Guelph or Waterloo, but I did see someone posting about Waterloo earlier. 

20 minutes ago, gank2994 said:

Hey mph2016AK, I've heard back from MPH at Mac. The MPH admissions committee let me know that they will be in contact with the School of Graduate Studies in order to extend an offer for entry to the program. SGS has to review my application now, so it's not a formal offer as of yet.

Haven't heard back from Western as of yet. I didn't apply to Guelph or Waterloo, but I did see someone posting about Waterloo earlier. 

Hey! You heard from Mcmaster MPH? They gave an unconditional offer? How did they contact you? :)

7 hours ago, epihepok said:

Hi pulse, not about accepting admission but I emailed Shona some questions and I didn't get a reply yet. 

Thanks for replying! I got an email from her today, I think she may be going through her emails now :)

On 3/18/2016 at 5:20 PM, mphdream16 said:

Hey! You heard from Mcmaster MPH? They gave an unconditional offer? How did they contact you? :)

I got an email from the MPH admission committee. I don't believe it's an unconditional offer, as I have to wait for an official offer from the School of Grad studies.  

On 3/8/2016 at 9:01 PM, pulse said:

Thank you! I actually was not asked to interview for the program, I only submitted my application through SOPHAS. They sent me an email on Monday to tell me that I was accepted. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions! Good luck on your interview :)

Thanks!! I received an admission e-mail to Alberta's Health Promotion distance education program today :)

Edited by Jassy

Hey guys!

I've been a long time lurker of this thread, and finally this is my first post. I just received an email from USask informing me that I have been recommended for admission into their program :) Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far, and for those who are still waiting, I hope you hear good news soon!

Edited by chocolate5

Hi everyone! 

I've been following this forum for MPH programs since second year, and I guess I can finally be a part of this thread! Anyways, I'm joining rather late but I have applied to the MPH epi program at U of T and the MSc in Public Health & Health Systems at Waterloo. Haven't heard from either, although I hear Waterloo will be very soon and Toronto usually sends out acceptances the first week of May. I've talked to a few MPH Epi students at U of T in the past, and they also told me the top entrance scholarship gets sent out around June. 

I've had a couple friends so far receive their acceptances for MPH programs at Guelph or Queen's, so hope you guys got into those if you applied!

1 hour ago, jstarr001 said:

I just got an email that I was rejected from UAlberta, so they've started to send those out now. 

I have been following this thread for long but posting for the first time. I also got a rejection from UAlberta last week , which was my first choice :( I applied at Global Health and I think my phone interview wasn't that bad. Did you apply at global health too? jstarr001

I am still waiting to hear from Sask, Waterloo and Guelph.

11 minutes ago, snf019 said:

I have been following this thread for long but posting for the first time. I also got a rejection from UAlberta last week , which was my first choice :( I applied at Global Health and I think my phone interview wasn't that bad. Did you apply at global health too? jstarr001

I am still waiting to hear from Sask, Waterloo and Guelph.

I applied for the Health Promotion distance stream, but didn't get an interview for it. This was my reach school and didn't really expect to get accepted.

I'm also waiting on Waterloo at this point. Good luck on your other choices! :) 

34 minutes ago, Bmatt said:

For those of you that received an acceptance to University of Alberta MPH, did you find out through UofA email or Bear Tracks?

For me it was through the email that I provided on the SOPHAS application. So neither. 

1 hour ago, epihepok said:

For me it was through the email that I provided on the SOPHAS application. So neither. 

I applied through SOPHAS as well, so perhaps it will be my home email then...the waiting is awful :/

On March 19, 2016 at 11:19 PM, pulse said:

Thanks for replying! I got an email from her today, I think she may be going through her emails now :)

Is there someone that I can contact about the status of my application?

Hey guys, just got rejected for USask, just have a question if any of you can answer, I'm currently still in undergrad last semester, also taking summer classes, is their a chance they will look over my application again once my final transcript is in?

13 minutes ago, lkng123 said:

Hey guys, just got rejected for USask, just have a question if any of you can answer, I'm currently still in undergrad last semester, also taking summer classes, is their a chance they will look over my application again once my final transcript is in?

Hey, where did you find your status for USask? I also don't think they will look at final transcripts 

Edited by MPHstar2016

3 minutes ago, MPHstar2016 said:

Hey, where did you find your status for USask? I also don't think they will look at final transcripts 

I just got an email, my status now says decision made as well.

2 hours ago, lkng123 said:

Hi, when did you submit your application?