Munk School, NPSIA, BSIA 2016

blaffy78

On 8/2/2016 at 4:14 PM, AndrewH17 said:

How did you receive notice that you were rejected? I was waitlisted in March as well, but my status is still 'under review'. I thought that we would only be notified if we were accepted into the program? 

I got rejected via email. My status still says under review lol so don't count on simply checking that. 

• 8 months later...

I'm a little worried about this thread, it seems like everyone's application is solid (A averages with conferences, publication and NGO experience, when and where did you have the time?! that's admirable). 

But I am not on that boat. I have my eyes set on MUNK because their year 2 flexibility allows me to explore topics on diplomacy and security (especially their geopolitics of cyberspace course!) but I have a B+ average, cumulative and last year. I took an extra year (i'm in my 5th year) because I had undergone family emergency in my 4th year so I had a good amount of mid B grades which brought down my average to a B+. I didn't get any Bs this term, but since they take only the last 10 credits my other better grades from 3rd year (i'm in my 5th year) but since they'll start counting from this year and into my last year where I had terrible grades (they weren't bad, for what I was going through it's pretty good but that's not something grad chairs look into). 

Therefore, I need to supplement with extra-curricular, but how do I know if what I do is enough? So far I'm presenting at a department colloquium, summer job at a local community centre as an outreach worker, Amnesty international volunteer (office volunteer and campaign volunteer), and now I'm doing an internship abroad in Uganda for 3 months for transnational governance and refugee integration NGO. 

BUT i feel like I still need some assurance since everyone's application seems too good to be true. Anyone here applied with a B+ and got in? What'd you do?