Munk School, NPSIA, BSIA 2016

blaffy78

25 minutes ago, SNowB said:

I applied for the MIPP program. There has been no feedback at all so I'm curious. I hear that the program is  small so crossing my fingers

I hope it works out for you! :)

51 minutes ago, MB25 said:

Anyone in here apply to BSIA MIPP program? Any updates?

Havent heard anything after I asked if acceptance/rejection go out via email or phone. They said email. Besides that, no status updates.

Yes, I applied and got in. 2nd round offers should be made shortly - I believe we have until the end of this month or so to accept/reject the offer. 

3 hours ago, SNowB said:

I applied for the MIPP program. There has been no feedback at all so I'm curious. I hear that the program is  small so crossing my fingers

I contacted the graduate coordinator and was told that my application was deemed incomplete, so consequently the file was not sent to the admissions committee. I was confused because I made sure to apply before the deadline with all the docs uploaded (and I reviewed this rigorously) seeing as MIPP was my top choice. After checking with Kelly Brown (program officer) it turns out my application was complete after all, and it's only now that they'll be sending my application to the admissions committee.

I've already missed what it seems to be 2 rounds of offers, for reasons beyond my control. I don't know what to make of it. All in all I'm pretty bummed :( and feeling totally defeated at this point.

I would check the status of your application with them just to make sure something funky isn't happening.

Hey guys,

Sort of late to post on this. I was wondering what other individuals would do if they were in my situation (which I believe a number of you may be).

I got accepted into all 3 schools I applied for, NPSIA, GSPIA, and EURUS. I have already declined the EURUS offer. 

I was offered roughly 15k in scholarships for GSPIA and a Teaching Assistantship. I am waiting to hear what I will be receiving from NPSIA, worse case scenario is that I only receive an entry level scholarship. If that is the case what you guys do, pick GSPIA or NPSIA? I'm sort of torn because NPSIA was my first choice going into these applications, and it's also very hard to turn down full funding if I don't get full or almost full funding from NPSIA. 

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Romeo13 said:

Hey guys,

Sort of late to post on this. I was wondering what other individuals would do if they were in my situation (which I believe a number of you may be).

I got accepted into all 3 schools I applied for, NPSIA, GSPIA, and EURUS. I have already declined the EURUS offer. 

I was offered roughly 15k in scholarships for GSPIA and a Teaching Assistantship. I am waiting to hear what I will be receiving from NPSIA, worse case scenario is that I only receive an entry level scholarship. If that is the case what you guys do, pick GSPIA or NPSIA? I'm sort of torn because NPSIA was my first choice going into these applications, and it's also very hard to turn down full funding if I don't get full or almost full funding from NPSIA. 

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. I got into Munk, GSPIA, and NPSIA. I've already declined Munk but GSPIA and NPSIA have always been a tough choice for me. I got a very generous funding offer from GSPIA (~20k and a TAship) so I'm definitely waiting on funding info from NPSIA. Beyond that, I'm reaching out to former profs and to students I know who did either of the programs.

Here's my take on the two:
- GSPIA has a more professional structure, possibly more work/coop opportunities, class sizes, and all around good feedback from students
- NPSIA has the faculty I'd rather work with, the more prestigious name, but mixed reviews from students about class size and program structure.

Anyone else have thoughts?

41 minutes ago, vanatrick said:

My formal offer for NPSIA just came in—$14k in funding! I will probably not be turning this down :)

Awesome! Congratulations!

My offer for NPSIA also came through. I'm a little confused as the funding page isn't very clear, but it seems like they offered 8k total - split 6k in first year and 2k in second. I might be totally wrong though. 

I'm will likely make my choice during Easter weekend. 

Thanks @lew!

6 minutes ago, wildestdreams said:

My offer for NPSIA also came through. I'm a little confused as the funding page isn't very clear, but it seems like they offered 8k total - split 6k in first year and 2k in second. I might be totally wrong though. 

I'm will likely make my choice during Easter weekend. 

I found the funding info on "Statement of Standing" page to be a lot more clear and comprehensible than on the "Awards and Funding" page, just FYI!

Also got my full offer from NPSIA - about 25k over the two years, in the Conflict Analysis & Conflict Resolution specialization :) 

2 hours ago, hdh said:

Also got my full offer from NPSIA - about 25k over the two years, in the Conflict Analysis & Conflict Resolution specialization :) 

This is independent of OGS right? Just to confirm.

1 hour ago, elizabethj626 said:

Where did you find this??

I got an email from the FGPA. If you're still waiting on yours I wouldn't worry about it—the results from last year show that applicants who were all unofficially accepted the same day received funding notifications at different times.

6 minutes ago, vanatrick said:

I got an email from the FGPA. If you're still waiting on yours I wouldn't worry about it—the results from last year show that applicants who were all unofficially accepted the same day received funding notifications at different times.

Do you think they might do it alphabetically again? Are you near the beginning of the alphabet? 

19 minutes ago, elizabethj626 said:

Where does it say about TAship??

on the statement of standing?

In both the Statement of Standing and on the Funding page.

For those of us with applications on hold to NPSIA. I spoke to Tabbatha today and confirmed what it means. 

Being on hold means that your application has been deemed admissible to the program, however not high enough to be included in the first round of admissions. Applications on hold will be looked at for second round admissions that will likely occur in May (potentially April). I believe this is based on how much space opens up in the program after the first round. There isn't a wait list and those on hold are not ranked.

There isn't much to do apart from wait until May.

44 minutes ago, twrsar said:

For those of us with applications on hold to NPSIA. I spoke to Tabbatha today and confirmed what it means. 

Being on hold means that your application has been deemed admissible to the program, however not high enough to be included in the first round of admissions. Applications on hold will be looked at for second round admissions that will likely occur in May (potentially April). I believe this is based on how much space opens up in the program after the first round. There isn't a wait list and those on hold are not ranked.

There isn't much to do apart from wait until May.

How kind of NPSIA to let us know the wonderful news...