Munk School, NPSIA, BSIA 2016

blaffy78

I also got waitlisted for Munk. Email says: " The MGA has admitted a maximum number of applicants for this fall and should a spot open up between now and September, applicants on the waitlist will be considered for it. Being offered a spot in the program will depend on how many applicants accept our offer of admission. Please note there is no ranking on the waitlist. All applicants on the waitlist will be assessed for a place in the program should one open up. In the past, we have admitted students off the waitlist as late as the end of August. You will only be notified if we want to offer you a spot in the program."

Just got this email from Tabbatha (NPSIA):

Dear Applicant,

I am emailing to inform you that we have made first round admission decisions and I will be sending out emails with application status updates beginning on Monday, March 21st.

Thank you for your patience during this process.

1 hour ago, justajournalist said:

I also got waitlisted for Munk. Email says: " The MGA has admitted a maximum number of applicants for this fall and should a spot open up between now and September, applicants on the waitlist will be considered for it. Being offered a spot in the program will depend on how many applicants accept our offer of admission. Please note there is no ranking on the waitlist. All applicants on the waitlist will be assessed for a place in the program should one open up. In the past, we have admitted students off the waitlist as late as the end of August. You will only be notified if we want to offer you a spot in the program."

me too :(

1 hour ago, chennichen said:

Who else had a mini heart attack seeing Tabbatha's name in their inbox???

Just to clarify, does her email mean that first round acceptances have already been notified? Or does everyone find out everything on the 21st.

16 minutes ago, blaffy78 said:

i just got accepted to munk...however, no funding atm. i'll post asap when i make a decision and update everyone. i believe the deadline is set for april 1.

Congrats!! :)

15 minutes ago, blaffy78 said:

i just got accepted to munk...however, no funding atm. i'll post asap when i make a decision and update everyone. i believe the deadline is set for april 1.

Congrats on your acceptance!! At least one person on this forum got some good news!! 

And does your email say April 1 is the last day to decide? Or april 1 is when they will let u know about the funding? 

39 minutes ago, theracon said:

Just to clarify, does her email mean that first round acceptances have already been notified? Or does everyone find out everything on the 21st.

It means that first round acceptances will start to be sent out on Monday. So nobody knows anything yet!

For munk: 

Does anybody know how they assess waitlisted people? 

The email says "Please note there is no ranking on the waitlist. All applicants on the waitlist will be assessed for a place in the program should one open up." 

This means the strongest applicant within the waitlist is then assessed once a spot opens up, right? 

Apologies if this is too dumb of a question lol. I'm just losing all the hair on my head over this!!!

Just now, OnlyAppliedToMGA said:

For munk: 

Does anybody know how they assess waitlisted people? 

The email says "Please note there is no ranking on the waitlist. All applicants on the waitlist will be assessed for a place in the program should one open up." 

This means the strongest applicant within the waitlist is then assessed once a spot opens up, right? 

Apologies if this is too dumb of a question lol. I'm just losing all the hair on my head over this!!!

Yeah you are basically going to be assessed against other waitlisted people.. Or at least thats how I understood it