Munk School, NPSIA, BSIA 2016

blaffy78

1 hour ago, ABpolitico said:

@GirlFromToronto I think she is sending out a template e-mail to everyone who is accepted.  At least that is what happened to my friend who was accepted in 2014. 

really? then does that already mean i might not have been accepted? arhghhhh

Anyone else here applying for PhD? 

I just got accepted to GSPIA about half an hour ago, but as it was well down below Munk on my list, I expect I'll be rejecting it.

Just a few minutes later I got the following e-mail from NPSIA:

Dear Applicant,

I am emailing to inform you that your application to the MA International Affairs program has been placed on hold.  If you are currently in a program or taking any courses, please upload your final  Winter Term grades to your application once you have received them.  Your file will be re-reviewed over the next few months and a final decision will be made by the end of August 2016.

So I'm not really sure if that's a conditional acceptance, a waiting list or a rejection, but I'm not a fan of all the uncertainty...wish they'd just give a yes or no response.

14 minutes ago, JmaJeremy said:

I just got accepted to GSPIA about half an hour ago, but as it was well down below Munk on my list, I expect I'll be rejecting it.

So I'm not really sure if that's a conditional acceptance, a waiting list or a rejection, but I'm not a fan of all the uncertainty...wish they'd just give a yes or no response.

This is what I received:

Dear Applicant,

I am writing to inform you that your application has been reviewed for admission into the MA International Affairs program for Fall 2016.  I am happy to write that your application has been selected for  the MA International Affairs program for Fall 2016. Please note that your admission into the MA International Affairs program is unofficial until you receive an official offer of admission from the  Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs (FGPA).

Did you send your fall term grades with your application? It sounds like that's why they put it on hold.

Edited by lew

Has anyone else here applied for the joint MA-JD program? Or applied without fulfilling the econ prerequisite? Just wondering if that may explain why I never received Friday's e-mail and haven't received any information today...

Also for those accepted, did your last name follow the prediction of being a letter in the first 1/2 of the alphabet?

Just now, IRFeminist said:

Has anyone else here applied for the joint MA-JD program? Or applied without fulfilling the econ prerequisite? Just wondering if that may explain why I never received Friday's e-mail and haven't received any information today...

Also for those accepted, did your last name follow the prediction of being a letter in the first 1/2 of the alphabet?

I was put on "hold", not accepted, but my last name does start with an 'A'.

1 minute ago, IRFeminist said:

A friend of mine posted last week that he'd been accepted to the MA-JD ... Not a close friend so I don't know the details or timing.

I'm first half of the alphabet though

5 minutes ago, IRFeminist said:

I applied to MA-JD too. No email on Friday either and nothing yet today.

I have the Econ preq but it's only half good lol I took it way back in 1st year.

Last name starts with a B, so I'm guessing I should've heard something if it was going in alphabetical order.

Judging by last years thread, MA-JD applicants might have to wait.

Just received this e-mail:

Dear Applicant,

I am emailing to inform you that your application to the MA International Affairs as part of the MA-JD program has been placed on hold.  If you are currently in a program or taking any courses, please upload your final  Winter Term grades to your application once you have received them.  Your file will be re-reviewed over the next few months and a final decision will be made by the end of August 2016.

I'll be taking both prerequisites of econ, maybe that's why it's on hold?

11 minutes ago, IRFeminist said:

I'm a W haha, and I got accepted, so didn't follow the prediction for me!

Just now, lew said:

I'm a W haha, and I got accepted, so didn't follow the prediction for me!

I'm also Z but I can't imagine they're getting through ALL 100+ acceptances in one day. Happy, hopeful thoughts to everyone still waiting and CONGRATS to everyone else.

48 minutes ago, JmaJeremy said:

I got put on hold too :( i called she basically said that means waitlisted. ? So sad. 

1 minute ago, IRFeminist said:

Did you fulfill the economics prerequisites? I wonder if that's why they can't grant admission. Or is hold synonymous with waitlisted?

I think completion of economics prereqs would be part of a conditional offer, but not completely sure.