Education Interview Thread

EdNeuroGrl

58 minutes ago, morifol said:

Does anyone have info on when the interview invites for different programs went our last year?

Last year, Penn GSE PhD interview invites went out on Friday, January 16 and EdD went out on the 30th, I think. You can scroll through the results page for the programs where you applied. I also find the school specific threads to be very helpful.

32 minutes ago, TheMonkeyOnMyBack said:

I got my first interview invitation today! It is at the school that is at the bottom of my list but I am still so excited  as this is the first sign of movement I have gotten. 

Congrats! Fingers crossed that more are on the way!

This thread and the results page are giving me serious anxiety - I haven't heard anything from ANY of my schools, but it also doesn't seem like the people posting in either have applied to the same programs as me (with the exception of the Michigan Combined Program in Education & Psychology, which I'm chalking up as an implied rejection....) I also can't seem to figure out if all of these programs even offer interviews, and the admissions websites are less than helpful.

Ugh. This is the worst!

24 minutes ago, TheMonkeyOnMyBack said:

@aebh615 what schools are you applying to?  

Besides Michigan CPEP - UVa Ed Psych/Applied Developmental Science, Vanderbilt Education/Developmental Psych, UT Austin HDLCS (I actually know this one doesn't interview), UIC Ed Psych, UC Berkeley Ed Psych

Also VCU & U of Washington Seattle, but those due dates were in January so I'm not surprised to have not heard anything from those yet. 

Edited to add - all PhD apps, I have a Psych MA already.

Edited by aebh615

7 minutes ago, aebh615 said:

Besides Michigan CPEP - UVa Ed Psych/Applied Developmental Science, Vanderbilt Education/Developmental Psych, UT Austin HDLCS (I actually know this one doesn't interview), UIC Ed Psych, UC Berkeley Ed Psych

Also VCU & U of Washington Seattle, but those due dates were in January so I'm not surprised to have not heard anything from those yet. 

I haven't heard a thing from Vanderbilt (besides the e-mail where they stated that they just wanted to touch base) either.

9 minutes ago, morifol said:

I haven't heard a thing from Vanderbilt (besides the e-mail where they stated that they just wanted to touch base) either.

That's reassuring to hear, my top choice programs are Vandy and UVa and their admissions people have been very tight lipped about about when to expect anything. 

Just now, aebh615 said:

That's reassuring to hear, my top choice programs are Vandy and UVa and their admissions people have been very tight lipped about about when to expect anything. 

Actually, they told me (after I bugged them for a while) that we should know the results by mid-February. They did not reply to my follow-up with a q about interviews. :(

I have no idea how to prepare for the interview. How are interview days typically structured? I imagine it to be a cross between an open house and a job interview. 

I also have a phone interview for a NODA internship. Im not sure how thats going to go either.