U of Minnesota

Ohio State

Alfred

VCU

Georgia State

UCLA

LSU

here's my website www.jendwyerstudio.com

Has anyone heard anything from any of these schools? I was wait listed from Minnesota but haven't heard anything from any of the other school :/ 

i don't know if it helps, but I heard from Ohio State unofficially last week and officially by mail this week (sculpture not ceramics)

19 hours ago, jenniebk said:

Hey All!

I applied to these schools for an MFA in Ceramics:

U of Minnesota

Ohio State

Alfred

VCU

Georgia State

UCLA

LSU

here's my website www.jendwyerstudio.com

Has anyone heard anything from any of these schools? I was wait listed from Minnesota but haven't heard anything from any of the other school :/ 

Alfred is amazing for ceramics. I applied there for Sculpture and have not heard anything yet.

20 hours ago, jenniebk said:

@meganmoriartyart you were also wait listed at Minnesota? Did they let you know what position you are on the waitlist/ what program did you apply to. This process is so stressful lol!

Haha, Yeah, I applied to the sculpture program. Apparently they're not releasing the rankings because some people applied to multiple programs and " this admissions process is complicated by internal funding issues". Essentially, every MFA finalist is just swimming around in the same pool until they maybe get plucked. Very annoying :wacko:

On 2/16/2016 at 7:46 PM, tunamindmelt said:

Hey your work is great. best of luck!

Thank you! Good luck to you too! 

It's amazing how your comment generated 45+ unique visits to my site. So many lurkers! 

1 hour ago, xanderesse said:

Thank you! Good luck to you too! 

It's amazing how your comment generated 45+ unique visits to my site. So many lurkers! 

yeah since ive posted my link here ive gotten like 300-400 unique views on my site. it stresses me out because i think some of them are schools and i get excited then i checxk the referral and it isnt!  ugh.

1 hour ago, BlCEO said:

yeah since ive posted my link here ive gotten like 300-400 unique views on my site. it stresses me out because i think some of them are schools and i get excited then i checxk the referral and it isnt!  ugh.

That's why I removed mine. I couldn't take it!

2 hours ago, BlCEO said:

Pretty sure that because of this same phenomenon, my site went from nowhereville to the first page of Google. ;)

Hey All, 

My name is Irvin, Im a Brooklyn based painter. I'm new to the forums. I've read a bit of the MFA info on the forums and found it very helpful! This is my first time applying for MFA programs. (not expecting to hear anything from schools this year :\ ). Definitely open to any and all feedback as I'm working on my painting practice full time now, and figuring things out (hopefully)! Looking to start a dialog with other painters and artists on the forum :)

Applied to:

Yale / Columbia / SAIC / RISD

Work:

http://www.irvinrodriguez.com/

ttps://www.instagram.com/ianwilson666/ 

i interviewed with portland state dn what they thought-on the plus side super relaxed interview any one who is curious about that 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2016 at 11:30 PM, EatSleepPaint said:

Hey All, 

My name is Irvin, Im a Brooklyn based painter. I'm new to the forums. I've read a bit of the MFA info on the forums and found it very helpful! This is my first time applying for MFA programs. (not expecting to hear anything from schools this year :\ ). Definitely open to any and all feedback as I'm working on my painting practice full time now, and figuring things out (hopefully)! Looking to start a dialog with other painters and artists on the forum :)

Applied to:

Yale / Columbia / SAIC / RISD

Work:

http://www.irvinrodriguez.com/

I think I am going to give up painting, now that I know there are people like you applying, just stunning work sir, I applaud your skill and hope someday to be equals with you!

On 3/15/2016 at 9:33 AM, Tenbu said:

I think I am going to give up painting, now that I know there are people like you applying, just stunning work sir, I applaud your skill and hope someday to be equals with you!

You're too kind man, thank you, checked out your paintings, really nice work!! I had no luck with grad school this year, which is fine. Maybe I'm too fixed in my work, not sure, would be great to talk to someone about maybe what could be done differently when approaching these school, or if its even necessary? Not sure, just wanted to give a try this year, i've thought about doing it for a while. 

Edited by EatSleepPaint

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, rexkingiv said:

Coming from engineering background, I don't know how to articulate my thoughts clearly when observing a painting or a sculpture, but man, seriously, your stuff are wicked good. I especially love your Identity Tape #1 (Heartbeat) piece. I also saw your bio and I thought, "Dang, this person's life must be really, really interesting." Congrats on your Yale & Columbia acceptance!

@rexkingiv Thank you so much for your thoughtful response!

1 hour ago, rexkingiv said:

Hi @BlCEO, back then when you posted your portfolio, I actually wanted to post something nice about it because I really dig your works but I completely forgot to do so, sorry! This is kind of out of topic, but I always fascinated with the works coming from Cooper Union. I started following your school and wllstwrt's closely after I stumbled upon the works and essays of Zak Smith and Kevin Slavin. So yeah, just wanted to say that lol.

Oh, and also there's this tweet (which I kind of agree lmao).

Hey thanks I appreciate it!

I think I'm okay with calling anyone that went to SVA a prisoner of Azkaban.  ha