Has anyone heard from...

FeelTheBern

has anyone heard from UMD-College Park or UNC-Greensboro for developmental psychology? I've been accepted to Alabama, and have not heard a single thing from anywhere else. I know for some of them the interview weekends already happened so I'm assuming I'm out at those, but I have heard nothing about UMD or UNCG.

Has anyone heard from U Washington Seattle's Developmental Psych PhD program? It's my dream and trying to repeat 'no news is good news' over and over to myself while drinking wine isn't exactly calming me down :/

20 hours ago, devpsyihope said:

has anyone heard from UMD-College Park or UNC-Greensboro for developmental psychology? I've been accepted to Alabama, and have not heard a single thing from anywhere else. I know for some of them the interview weekends already happened so I'm assuming I'm out at those, but I have heard nothing about UMD or UNCG.

Not that it's very helpful, but I've not heard anything from UMD about developmental either. And their website and application page isn't very helpful. Here's hoping for the best!

On 2/23/2016 at 11:04 AM, smm5628 said:

Has anyone heard from Yeshiva (Clinical PHD) or Fairleigh Dickinson (Clinical PHD)? I interviewed at YU on 2/10 and at FDU on 2/12. I loved both programs and am excited to hear back!

Yeshiva (clinical psych phd) had one more interview day today so the committee will have to meet thurs or Friday or even Monday before offers will be sent. I probably saw you on 2/10!

didn't apply to FDU so can't help you there. e-mail the grad coordinator :)

On 2/23/2016 at 11:04 AM, smm5628 said:

Has anyone heard from Yeshiva (Clinical PHD) or Fairleigh Dickinson (Clinical PHD)? I interviewed at YU on 2/10 and at FDU on 2/12. I loved both programs and am excited to hear back!

actually, just checked my email and the head of the dept sent me an email on 2/18 said they'd update me in 2-3 weeks from that date....so could be even longer. sorry :-/

Was anyone at U of Florida last weekend? I'm dying over here as its my dream school. At the interview they said 7-10 days but Milan responded to one of my e-mails with 2-3 weeks. Anyone else heard anything?

5 hours ago, didion10 said:

Was anyone at U of Florida last weekend? I'm dying over here as its my dream school. At the interview they said 7-10 days but Milan responded to one of my e-mails with 2-3 weeks. Anyone else heard anything?

Hi! I was at that interview as well. I think what was meant by 7-10 days was that they would extend their first round of offers within 7-10 days. So in my mind, that means starting tomorrow (tomorrow is 1 week from the last day of interviews) and going through March 1st. I think Milan meant that offers can still go out as far as 3 weeks for those accepted off the waitlist. Hope this helps!

2 minutes ago, Applicant38 said:

Hi! I was at that interview as well. I think what was meant by 7-10 days was that they would extend their first round of offers within 7-10 days. So in my mind, that means starting tomorrow (tomorrow is 1 week from the last day of interviews) and going through March 1st. I think Milan meant that offers can still go out as far as 3 weeks for those accepted off the waitlist. Hope this helps!

that helps!! ughhh. what will we do while waiting?? are you neuro as well?

On February 24, 2016 at 5:47 PM, SLK said:

Not that it's very helpful, but I've not heard anything from UMD about developmental either. And their website and application page isn't very helpful. Here's hoping for the best!

Hey just an FYI I just checked my application on the website and though I didn't get any email they updated my status yesterday and I was rejected. hope you have better luck than i do!

On 2/24/2016 at 11:26 AM, Piagetsky said:

Has anyone heard from McMaster, Trent, or Carleton?

Carleton is always really slow. I didn't hear from them until the first week of April when I applied (when I found out I was waitlisted). I think most profs don't actually look at applications until March. 

1 hour ago, FacelessMage said:

Carleton is always really slow. I didn't hear from them until the first week of April when I applied (when I found out I was waitlisted). I think most profs don't actually look at applications until March. 

Hmm, good to know.  Thanks!  ETA:  Is that for the PhD or the masters, or do they do them at the same time?

Edited by Piagetsky