Has anyone heard from...

FeelTheBern

On 1/30/2016 at 10:08 PM, melinh.maryjane said:

I got an email from my POI in UIUC Cog Psych that I was accepted (I'm the Jan 16 post from the results page). Visiting weekend is March 11-13.

If it isn't asking too much, can you share who your POI is?

3 hours ago, eternallyephemeral said:

I'm not currently attending waterloo but I did apply to them for Fall 2016. I just got an email from one of the profs today, asking me if I want to change my application from PhD to MASc. I thought the MASc was terminal and not funded, but they said in the email that people 'typically do an masters first and their acceptance to the PhD is based on their masters performance'.

Is this common? I keep seeing all over their website that they encourage people out of undergrad to apply right to the PhD, and then I get this email. I'm quite confused.

They did ask me to answer as quickly as possible, and they said they had a meeting to evaluate applicants to the program.

That is really odd, makes me super nervous too because I'm also applying from undergrad. Let me know if you hear anything else!

6 hours ago, Flume said:

That is really odd, makes me super nervous too because I'm also applying from undergrad. Let me know if you hear anything else!

I'll be sure to update the results section and message you! Being just out of undergrad makes me nervous as well :S

7 hours ago, RosyPosy68 said:

Just checking in again: Any news from Harvard anywhere? Has anyone else applied to their Developmental program?

I was at an interview last week and several of the other prospectives had Harvard interviews scheduled. Not entirely sure which program but I think one was interviewing with developmental POIs.  

If anyone else is waiting on the clinical psych Master's program at UCCS, I called them today. The program assistant said the department was still reviewing applications and would likely be finished with that in mid-February. He'll send out decision emails at that point. :) Hope that helps someone!

5 hours ago, PortlandPSYCH said:

Not their developmental track, but I am going to interview weekend for their social/community track on the 26/27. 

Yeah I have heard if a couple people who interviewed via phone for io and social  track, but u haven't heard anything from the developmental. :huh:

Don't know if I should remain hopeful -_-

35 minutes ago, Timemachines said:

Hey there, interview invites went out fr BU the last week of January. 

Yikes! This year is a total wash for me. Do you know if they've sent rejection notices? I'm worried my app wasn't processed now... 

9 hours ago, fancyduckie said:

Yikes! This year is a total wash for me. Do you know if they've sent rejection notices? I'm worried my app wasn't processed now... 

Don't be worried! Don't hesitate to get in touch with the coordinators there, they're very communicative. They have not sent out rejections yet either!

On 2/10/2016 at 4:08 PM, psyc2016 said:

Has anyone heard from NYU social psych?

They have already sent out interview invitations. I received a phone call from POI 2 weeks ago (Feb 1st). Their official interview days are Feb 26th and Mar 4th. But I can't make it to any of them (some people are in the same situation), so they scheduled me on Mar 1st.

On 2/9/2016 at 0:20 PM, RosyPosy68 said:

Just checking in again: Any news from Harvard anywhere? Has anyone else applied to their Developmental program?

Harvard doesn't have official interview days. POI will probably schedule a skype/phone interview with you if s/he is interested.