Has anyone heard from...

FeelTheBern

3 hours ago, grilledcheese1 said:

I applied to Loyola Chicago's Developmental program.  My POI emailed me last week saying that they planned to invite me for an interview, but that they had to wait for the department to meet at the end of the month - so we'll probably find out in a week or two.

That is super helpful. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Timemachines said:

Anyone on UT Austin?

There's been a few PhD people posting on the results page. No one from Masters that I've seen. I know the department of educational psychology hasn't sent out interview invites for Masters yet, even though the interview is Feb 5th.. 

On 1/25/2016 at 11:24 AM, Moemoemoe said:

Has anyone heard from... 

• University of Washington, Seattle - Social

Thank you!

Hey, UW already sent their invites out. I visited campus earlier this month and met with my POI, and I was told that the different areas of the psychology department were finishing up their list of people to invite at that time. Last week I received an official invite, and since then I have been filling out the reimbursement forms and whatnot.

Has anyone heard back from U of Georgia's Behavioral and Brain Sciences Program? I called the department yesterday and was told they don't have a set interview date, but rather the POIs contact potential students on their own. They also don't have a set time frame for this to happen, and that it occurs all throughout the Spring (prior to April 15th, of course). So much for narrowing that down!

Has anyone heard from....

University of Virginia Clinical Psych PhD (NOT the Curry School)

NYU Steinhardt Counseling Psych PhD

Rutgers New Brunswick Clinical Psych PhD

If yes, do you know if they are still in the process of sending out interview invites?

Thanks in advance!!

Hey!

It looks like I chose programs with virtually no info on here. 

Has anyone heard from CUNY or U of Wyoming Laramie (Psych and Law) or from FIU or UT El Paso (Legal Psychology)?

**Called CUNY a little over a week ago and they were still making decisions**

Anyone here currently attending Waterloo and know when they plan to send out acceptances for I/O psych? It seems like they send out acceptances for most of their psych programs at the same time. 

On January 25, 2016 at 0:52 PM, FeelTheBern said:

Thanks for doing that @Analyticchic! Please let me know once you find out (you can PM me as well). It sounds like it will probably go out as a mass email then?

@FeelTheBernSorry for getting back so late, I was busy with work, finishing up apps, and spending time with my family. The director of the cog program said that here is a short list for interviews and if you did not make it to that then they can not grant an offer of admission. That's all I could get from him, lol

Edited by Analyticchic

On 1/29/2016 at 10:47 AM, CatLady4Lyfe said:

Has anyone heard back from U of Georgia's Behavioral and Brain Sciences Program? I called the department yesterday and was told they don't have a set interview date, but rather the POIs contact potential students on their own. They also don't have a set time frame for this to happen, and that it occurs all throughout the Spring (prior to April 15th, of course). So much for narrowing that down! 

Ugh, I applied there as well and haven't received news of any kind. Thanks for posting this, though. Have you heard back anything yet?

8 minutes ago, CatLady4Lyfe said:

I did - about an hour after I posted that, go figure! I had a phone interview this morning. It really does vary from professor to professor it seems. Which area of focus are you hoping for?

Well I applied to work with a professor in BBS who specializes in Cognitive and Affective. I spoke to him in early November and he wasn't sure he'd be taking a student, so I'm really not confident about it right now. GradStatus still says, "decision is pending", though. :mellow:

Hello everyone,

I have checked results search with no avail on the following programs, so can anyone tell me if they've heard from:

1. Ohio State University - Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities division

2. University of Illinois - Urbana - Cognitive division

3. Purdue University - Cognitive division

17 hours ago, Rigid_Designator said:

I have checked results search with no avail on the following programs, so can anyone tell me if they've heard from:

2. University of Illinois - Urbana - Cognitive division

I know someone who has already heard from UIUC's cognitive division, and I have heard from their cognitive neuroscience division.

6 hours ago, smallgirl23 said:

Hi, has anybody heard from UCI, Purdue, Rochester or Florida State regarding Social Psych program (PhD) interviews? I haven't heard back from anyone.

I know the interviews for Purdue, U of Rochester, and Florida State social psychology have been extended already (Purdue and Rochester are this weekend and Florida State is later in February). 

23 hours ago, St0chastic said:

I know someone who has already heard from UIUC's cognitive division, and I have heard from their cognitive neuroscience division.

Did you and this individual hear in terms of decision or interviews? If in terms of interview, when is interview weekend (if they are having one)?

8 hours ago, smallgirl23 said:

Hi, has anybody heard from UCI, Purdue, Rochester or Florida State regarding Social Psych program (PhD) interviews? I haven't heard back from anyone.

I heard from UCI about a week ago. Their interview day is March 4th. 

2 hours ago, Rigid_Designator said:

Did you and this individual hear in terms of decision or interviews? If in terms of interview, when is interview weekend (if they are having one)?

Much to my surprise, I received an admissions offer (before interviewing!).  For cog neuro the official interview visit is next weekend if I'm not mistaken (I had to reschedule for the following week); for cognitive, the interview visit is scheduled for sometime in March.  

Sorry if I'm bursting anyone's bubble!  It's always possible that UIUC has a wait list, and I don't know if the other areas have extended invitations.

On 1/31/2016 at 0:38 PM, Flume said:

Anyone here currently attending Waterloo and know when they plan to send out acceptances for I/O psych? It seems like they send out acceptances for most of their psych programs at the same time. 

I'm not currently attending waterloo but I did apply to them for Fall 2016. I just got an email from one of the profs today, asking me if I want to change my application from PhD to MASc. I thought the MASc was terminal and not funded, but they said in the email that people 'typically do an masters first and their acceptance to the PhD is based on their masters performance'.

Is this common? I keep seeing all over their website that they encourage people out of undergrad to apply right to the PhD, and then I get this email. I'm quite confused.

They did ask me to answer as quickly as possible, and they said they had a meeting to evaluate applicants to the program.