Has anyone heard from...

FeelTheBern

On March 9, 2016 at 4:02 PM, cinderellacomplex said:

Anyone heard from Kent State clinical? I didn't interview but haven't been rejected yet and they mentioned having backup lists. Wondering what the chances are (beyond "small"; I know that much already)

There's nothing else to say about chances if you didn't interview beyond "small"/"highly unlikely". If you check the app portal your status should be "decision made" and you'll get a letter in the mail. But those who are accepted were notified by phone and email. 

Has anyone heard from the MA/MS programs at Eastern Washington, Northern Arizona, or American University? Currently I've heard back from Western Washington and Villanova, but the wait to hear from the other three is killing me. 

20 minutes ago, buttercup8d said:

They're making decisions until April 15. Not sure what this means either

I think that it means that you are waitlisted. Some schools don't even use the word "waitlist" (the school that I am waitlisted at used this word in quotes...). So it may just mean that you have been placed on their waitlist, and they will let you know by April 15, which is the APA deadline for the students who were initially accepted to make their decisions and let the schools know. In the case that the people who were initially accepted decline their offer, whoever is next on the waitlist will be offered the position. I think when schools contact people may differ from school to school, it may come immediately after the accepted student defers (probably when POI can make the decision on their own), or near 4/15 deadline if the department is sending out offers all at once to the people who are next in line.

I am assuming your school is probably doing the latter.

Hope you hear back from them soon:) 

22 hours ago, WillComeTrue said:

I think that it means that you are waitlisted. Some schools don't even use the word "waitlist" (the school that I am waitlisted at used this word in quotes...). So it may just mean that you have been placed on their waitlist, and they will let you know by April 15, which is the APA deadline for the students who were initially accepted to make their decisions and let the schools know. In the case that the people who were initially accepted decline their offer, whoever is next on the waitlist will be offered the position. I think when schools contact people may differ from school to school, it may come immediately after the accepted student defers (probably when POI can make the decision on their own), or near 4/15 deadline if the department is sending out offers all at once to the people who are next in line.

I am assuming your school is probably doing the latter.

Hope you hear back from them soon:) 

Thanks! I really want to get into this program!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Brit3579 said:

Anyone heard anything from the MA program at SDSU? 

Yeah, they sent an email to me telling me I was waitlisted. However I just withdrew so hopefully that moved some people up the list!

On 3/8/2016 at 3:02 PM, cinderellacomplex said:

Anyone heard from Kent State clinical? I didn't interview but haven't been rejected yet and they mentioned having backup lists. Wondering what the chances are (beyond "small"; I know that much already)

I heard from them about 2 weeks ago and was rejected.