Has anyone heard from...

FeelTheBern

I am starting this thread because I have noticed that a lot of people have been asking questions like this lately on different threads. Make sure to specify your area when you post the school's name because that could make a difference. If you have contacted a school and know that all interview invites or acceptances/rejections have been sent out, this is a great place to post it!

In the meantime, has anyone heard (cognitive psych area in particular) from: UIUC, UDel, UPenn, or UMass Amherst? I have seen a few things posted in Results Search about some of these schools, but not for the cognitive area. Does anyone know if interview invites/acceptances for the cognitive psych area at any these schools have already been extended?

Hello.  I have heard from UIUC's cognitive neuroscience area, and I know there is at least one person on this forum who has heard from the cognitive area.  I could be wrong, but it's my impression that they have sent out all of their invites.  

12 hours ago, FeelTheBern said:

I am starting this thread because I have noticed that a lot of people have been asking questions like this lately on different threads. Make sure to specify your area when you post the school's name because that could make a difference. If you have contacted a school and know that all interview invites or acceptances/rejections have been sent out, this is a great place to post it!

In the meantime, has anyone heard (cognitive psych area in particular) from: UIUC, UDel, UPenn, or UMass Amherst? I have seen a few things posted in Results Search about some of these schools, but not for the cognitive area. Does anyone know if interview invites/acceptances for the cognitive psych area at any these schools have already been extended?

I've already interviewed with my POI from UDel. He said he would get in touch with me about a week, so I guess I would get feedback within this week.  

I emailed Amherst about clinical invites and they were responsive. Try it!

can someone other than me please please please call ferkauf about clinical Ph.D. Interviews and when they will be sent. They always pick up the phone but I called twice already. (I submitted in December ) I'll bring you s coffee on their interview day if you ease my pain :)

Also wondering about Ucsd/sdsu clinical psych. I see only two results but they should be inviting close to 70 people with 20 faculty looking for a student.interview date fast approaching, less than two weeks. Has anyone been notified?

8 hours ago, feelthebern16 said:

we have almost the same name, so hi! 

good luck! 

Haha thanks, that's awesome!

@AngryRobot! I have no idea, but I like it because you can tell that he means business. Maybe someone was asking him about Hillary's emails? :)

bernie.jpg

28 minutes ago, ChicagoHappy said:

I don't understand why they just don't send rejections if they've already sent all the invites. That's so weird to me!

I have heard that on a rare occasion some schools will accept students that they didn't invite out for initial in person interviews if they feel none of the people they brought out for formal interviews were the right fit. (I know two graduate students in psychology at different universities who had this happen to them). I believe when this happens they set up skype interviews with that student and invite them to informally come see campus before making an acceptance offer. I wouldn't keep your hopes up because this isn't common from my understanding but it is a reason some schools may not send out rejections right away. 

Edited by jre2016

16 minutes ago, jre2016 said:

I have heard that on a rare occasion some schools will accept students that they didn't invite out for initial in person interviews if they feel none of the people they brought out for formal interviews were the right fit. (I know two graduate students in psychology at different universities who had this happen to them). I believe when this happens they set up skype interviews with that student and invite them to informally come see campus before making an acceptance offer. I wouldn't keep your hopes up because this isn't common from my understanding but it is a reason some schools may not send out rejections right away. 

That makes sense on some level. But it sure does make it challenging to make decisions about whether I'm going to take interviews personally on campus or virtually given my limited vacation time! 

UD(all the out of state people say Udel, I'm from Delaware) has sent out invites for clinical, social, and neuroscience but not all for cognitive yet. I've been in touch with one of POIs talking about research for a while and she told me to contact the head of the cognitive department but that the comittee sends out invites and not the POIs/that it'a pretty competitive. My status for my application hasn't been changed yet. I'm going to contact the head and see what he says if anything for a peace of mind :)

Has anyone heard from... 

• Tufts - Social
  • UVM - Experimental
  • University of Washington, Seattle - Social
  • Indiana University, Bloomington - Social
  • SUNY, Stony Brook - Social and Health
  • University of Chicago - Social
  • UMD, College Park - SDOS

Thank you!

Had anyone heard from Georgia State counseling psyc? There was one person who posted they have an interview but then there were other posters who said they contacted the program and were told that invites had not been sent. 

Has anyone heard from Harvard (specifically developmental, but really anything)... I know they usually interview later than other programs, but I just have to make sure. Also, has anyone heard from FSU Developmental?

3 hours ago, PortlandPSYCH said:

Has anyone heard from UMinnesota's Child Psychology Ph.D program? Or Loyola Chicago's Developmental program?

I applied to Loyola Chicago's Developmental program.  My POI emailed me last week saying that they planned to invite me for an interview, but that they had to wait for the department to meet at the end of the month - so we'll probably find out in a week or two.

Edited by grilledcheese1

9 hours ago, FeelTheBern said:

Thanks for doing that @Analyticchic! Please let me know once you find out (you can PM me as well). It sounds like it will probably go out as a mass email then?

@FeelTheBern The university was closed today due to the snow but I emailed the head of the cognitive department. I should hear back from him in a few days :)