Teacher's College 2016

EdLearnin'

Hi- I applied for the M.A. in Higher Ed Admin and have been waiting anxiously. They actually called me twice this morning-and I was in class, so I couldn't pick up, but they didn't leave a message....

I applied to the MA in International Educational Development.  I don't expect to hear back until March, though!

At this point they are my 3rd choice unless they give me a scholarship :) I've visited campus/info sessions several times though, and met with a professor, so I feel like I know the school pretty well.

Hi everyone! My application status still reads "submitted" and there has been no change since the deadline- are any of you still in this boat? It seems odd that it hasn't gone into review. 

On February 9, 2016 at 0:38 PM, emb1994 said:

Hi- I applied for the M.A. in Higher Ed Admin and have been waiting anxiously. They actually called me twice this morning-and I was in class, so I couldn't pick up, but they didn't leave a message....

Hey! Did you ever find out what they wanted when they called you? Wondering if decisions are already beginning to go out (and if they call versus email).

12 hours ago, ersmith073 said:

Hey! Did you ever find out what they wanted when they called you? Wondering if decisions are already beginning to go out (and if they call versus email).

Unfortunately, I didn't. I called them back and they didn't know why a call from them was even registered on my phone.

Hi, guys! Anyone received an interview invitation from TC yet? I emailed someone at TC asking about the interview invitations, and I was told that if they ever need additional information (including an interview), they will let me know. Does that mean I should just expect a rejection letter (I never received interview emails!)?

On February 17, 2016 at 7:31 PM, EdLearnin' said:

I think it will stay as "submitted" until a decision has been made.  My status is still listed as "submitted" even tho I know it's been reviewed since I've been called in for an interview!

Wow! Congratulations! I wish I could be called! I guess since I haven't been called by now, I probably never will be. They will be sending out decisions two weeks from now. 

When did you get the call?

2 hours ago, Xiaoxiaomolly said:

Wow! Congratulations! I wish I could be called! I guess since I haven't been called by now, I probably never will be. They will be sending out decisions two weeks from now. 

When did you get the call?

They emailed me about 3 weeks ago about setting up an interview, which I'm having today! However, don't feel discouraged as I don't think every program interviews. 

2 hours ago, ersmith073 said:

They emailed me about 3 weeks ago about setting up an interview, which I'm having today! However, don't feel discouraged as I don't think every program interviews. 

Three weeks ago...I don't think I will ever get the interview email now. Anyway, good luck to you! I'm sure you will be great! 

12 hours ago, seaglass0025 said:

Ah okay do you know which programs do provide interviews to shortlisters?

I don't! I'm sorry! I also don't know how they use the interviews (to determine admission, funding, weed out applicants, etc) but I wish I did! You could try calling the admissions office and ask them.  I've seen others on this site do that. 

Just received my acceptance letter! I applied to the TESOL Masters program (the one that leads to certification), and they didn't set up an interview; they didn't contact me until they made the decision. I'm over the moon about this, as TC was my first choice. Now I need to figure out how I'm paying for it ><.

1 hour ago, Akahana1128 said:

Just received my acceptance letter! I applied to the TESOL Masters program (the one that leads to certification), and they didn't set up an interview; they didn't contact me until they made the decision. I'm over the moon about this, as TC was my first choice. Now I need to figure out how I'm paying for it ><.

Congrats! Did they e-mail you or was it snail mail? Thought decisions were supposed to come out later, but congrats!!

15 minutes ago, seaglass0025 said:

Congrats! Did they e-mail you or was it snail mail? Thought decisions were supposed to come out later, but congrats!!

Thank you~ It was by email, they told me to check my application for updates!

12 hours ago, Akahana1128 said:

Congrats!  Did they provide financial info with the acceptance or that is to follow?

I saw a few other TC Master's programs also notified people earlier throughout this month and January.  I guess in certain cases... but the majority of us will probably hear in March!

17 hours ago, Akahana1128 said:

Congrats!! So excited for you :) When you logged onto your application portal, did the status change from submitted to accepted? Or did you have to click on your application. 

21 hours ago, Akahana1128 said:

Big Congrats to you! I applied to the TESOL/Applied Linguistics also, but the Doctor of Education program. I haven't heard anything from TC yet, but I feel really happy for you!