Teacher's College 2016

EdLearnin'

On March 18, 2016 at 9:48 PM, fr0sting said:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has heard from the Neuroscience and Education program yet from TC? I applied in mid-feb for their summer admission, I'm wondering if I applied really late..

I applied mid January and still haven't heard back yet... Sigh...

I was getting anxious so I emailed my liaison. She said I could expect a decision early next week. I feel like that would mean bad news, but the one bright streak is there has been such a lull on here other than one or two since that whole batch of Comm Sciences and Counseling decisions. Which makes me think (and hope) they are going alphabetically and English Ed just hasn't been done. Crossing all the things for everyone!

On 3/18/2016 at 9:48 PM, fr0sting said:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has heard from the Neuroscience and Education program yet from TC? I applied in mid-feb for their summer admission, I'm wondering if I applied really late..

I got in last Friday, starting in summer!! Had to check the site, didn't get an email. Have you heard back yet?

53 minutes ago, rachliny said:

I got in last Friday, starting in summer!! Had to check the site, didn't get an email. Have you heard back yet?

Hi rachliny, nope I still haven't heard back! Been checking the website daily too, so hopefully something will come through soon. It just says 'Submitted' for now.

Congrats on your acceptance!! So exciting :) 

• 2 months later...
On March 8, 2016 at 0:54 AM, PersonPeople said:

Congrats to everyone who got in! I received admission to the Philosophy and Education MA program on Feb 3 (applied a little early) but didn't get my scholarship package until today. ~19K/year. I'm so happy! This was my top choice program and I wasn't sure how much of a scholarship to expect. I will probably be attending. Anyone else get into this program?

Hi! I just got admission to the Philosophy and Education M.Ed program. I could not apply to MA because I got MA in a different field. I'm still waiting to see if they are offering funding. Hope to see you around at CU!

8 hours ago, Bigbridge said:

Hi! I just got admission to the Philosophy and Education M.Ed program. I could not apply to MA because I got MA in a different field. I'm still waiting to see if they are offering funding. Hope to see you around at CU!

Congratulations! Do your MA credits transfer into the M.Ed?

Hi everyone,

So I applied to TC for their doctorate in curriculum and teaching. They emailed me and asked me why I did not apply to their masters in education program. I told them I already have a  M.Ed. and want to pursue a doctorate. Now I  see I have two open applications, instead of one. Does anyone have a similar situation?

17 hours ago, Bunny38 said:

Hi everyone,

So I applied to TC for their doctorate in curriculum and teaching. They emailed me and asked me why I did not apply to their masters in education program. I told them I already have a  M.Ed. and want to pursue a doctorate. Now I  see I have two open applications, instead of one. Does anyone have a similar situation?

Did you try calling admissions? 

I don't recommend TC for a doctoral study. They have great faculty members but lack funding for doctoral students. In addition, it is difficult for doctoral students to get RA/TA positions. So you are likely to face a lot of financial pressure during the study. I know some doctoral students who transferred to different, cheaper schools after accumulating a lot of debts. You may need to keep a full-time job to continue studying. In addition, because so many graduate students are enrolled, doctoral students do not receive adequate training.There are many other high quality schools that offer a lot of funding. I would consider these schools seriously.

19 hours ago, nashville0808 said:

I don't recommend TC for a doctoral study. They have great faculty members but lack funding for doctoral students. In addition, it is difficult for doctoral students to get RA/TA positions. So you are likely to face a lot of financial pressure during the study. I know some doctoral students who transferred to different, cheaper schools after accumulating a lot of debts. You may need to keep a full-time job to continue studying. In addition, because so many graduate students are enrolled, doctoral students do not receive adequate training.There are many other high quality schools that offer a lot of funding. I would consider these schools seriously.

This definitely varies by program.  I am getting my Ph.D from TC and have a full scholarship and am funded for the next 4 years, so I suggest reaching out to the program specifically! I've also spoken to other students who have said that TC is trying to provide more funding for their doctoral students. 

7 hours ago, ersmith073 said:

This definitely varies by program.  I am getting my Ph.D from TC and have a full scholarship and am funded for the next 4 years, so I suggest reaching out to the program specifically! I've also spoken to other students who have said that TC is trying to provide more funding for their doctoral students. 

I also met with a professor in TC's IED program who said that they are intentionally lessening Masters scholarships in order to fully fund more and more doctoral students.