No Interviews or Acceptances 2016 VENT HERE!

Once again, I am in the same space I was in for three years in a row. I have not heard anything from any of the schools I have applied. I received stellar LORs. 

My GRE scores are not the best, but not the worse either. If I do not get in this time around, I will have to accept this career was not for me. 

If I could, I would pick up and move to another part of the country. However, that is not practical for many older students (like myself). 

Anyone in a similar situation ?

Edited by Arcanelady27

Hi! This is my first time applying and so far, only rejections. Already thinking of how to beef up my application for next year. I'm also in your same area! Have you tried applying to private schools? I did, figuring if I got in would apply for the DOE scholarship. Think you might be able to do that? Could you commute to NJ/CT? Just want to give you some ideas! Good luck! 

1 minute ago, MrsH said:

Hi! This is my first time applying and so far, only rejections. Already thinking of how to beef up my application for next year. I'm also in your same area! Have you tried applying to private schools? I did, figuring if I got in would apply for the DOE scholarship. Think you might be able to do that? Could you commute to NJ/CT? Just want to give you some ideas! Good luck! 

With thousands in student loans, I can't afford private. My job gives me 10K a year tuition stipend. Thanks for the ideas, but I am a older student and limited due to prior commitments.

I have two waitlists, a rejection, and an interview (which I am not even sure I can attend, so might not be there). Waiting on four schools, but hoping one can be an acceptance! Scared because my GRE's are nowhere near stellar, but hopefully things go well for us!  :) This waiting process just causes so much anxiety! 

Edited by koalalover1

1 hour ago, slptobe92 said:

I've gotten one rejection and one waitlist so far. I still have 8 schools to hear from but I'm so worried I won't get in to any of them because of my low GPA.

But your post bac GPA is a 4.0?

Isn't that the GPA with the AL classes?

1 minute ago, Arcanelady27 said:

But your post bac GPA is a 4.0?

Isn't that the GPA with the AL classes?

My post-bacc GPA is good but it's only for 7 classes (I'm in 3 more right now). I'm just worried schools will look at my low undergrad GPA and dismiss me immediately.

8 minutes ago, Arcanelady27 said:

6 minutes ago, slptobe92 said:

My post-bacc GPA is good but it's only for 7 classes (I'm in 3 more right now). I'm just worried schools will look at my low undergrad GPA and dismiss me immediately.

• I have the same GPA for my first B.A.  I also have a M.S. with a 3.75 GPA. I understand your worry.:(

I completely understand! I've been rejected from 4 and waitlisted at 1 which makes me completely nervous. I know I have a lot of schools to hear from yet but I have low stats so this whole process is overwhelming. I know being waitlisted isn't the worst thing but it sounds like a lot of people were waitlisted at SIUE. :/ There's nothing I can do but worry until the letters start coming in. 

I completely agree! I worked all 4 years and held many leadership positions in that job. But yet, many schools don't take that into consideration because all that matters is grades. I wish they would have told you that the first day of college. :/

I called one of my top choices today since I had seen people get accepted about two weeks ago and they said my application is still in review. Not sure if this is good or bad but I'm so nervous! I just want to hear something this week.

I wish I could understand the method to the madness. I know someone with a lower GPA that was already rejected from one of the schools I applied. Meanwhile, I have heard nothing. No news is not always good news. It often means a delayed denial, especially in this field of study. 

4 hours ago, Arcanelady27 said:

I wish I could understand the method to the madness. I know someone with a lower GPA that was already rejected from one of the schools I applied. Meanwhile, I have heard nothing. No news is not always good news. It often means a delayed denial, especially in this field of study. 

same thing happening to me.

Some of the people says they were rejected from schools that i have applied, but I have heard nothing.(No interview, rejection, anyting!)

Since i had no interviews, i know I probably would not have chance, but since there was no rejection, I am just stressed out.

Cannnot focus on anything! 

2 hours ago, hanaidn said:

same thing happening to me.

Some of the people says they were rejected from schools that i have applied, but I have heard nothing.(No interview, rejection, anyting!)

Since i had no interviews, i know I probably would not have chance, but since there was no rejection, I am just stressed out.

Cannnot focus on anything! 

Same here... I am taking a physics course to satisfy ASHA requirement. All I can think about are my pending applications.

Glad this tread was created and they're others in the same boat. @Arcanelady27, I am truly sorry to hear that this is the third time in a row you have gone through this experience. I really hope that the schools you applied to recognize your resilience and passion for the field, qualities that are so much more important than numbers.  

This is my first time applying and this experience is leaving me feeling broken.  I think I can summon enough grit to recover and try again next year, but it has still been a traumatic experience.

Rejected to 4, wait listed for 2, and I don't have high hopes for the other 6. This is my second year applying, and I'm seeing my friends on fb celebrate their acceptances :(

30 minutes ago, rzilby said:

Rejected to 4, wait listed for 2, and I don't have high hopes for the other 6. This is my second year applying, and I'm seeing my friends on fb celebrate their acceptances :(

I know the feeling oh so well.

I hope you have better luck with remaining six.

43 minutes ago, rzilby said:

Your stats look good! As long as you spent time on your SOP and have good LOR I don't know why you wouldn't get in! Good luck!!

I had hope that I might be accepted where I'm waitlisted but I was told today that I'm pretty far down :( I just want one acceptance but I haven't heard from 8 of 10 schools I applied to and I'm starting to go crazy!

@Arcanelady27 @ToshaSLP thanks guys. I really am happy for my friends. I just wish I had a reason to celebrate with them :( Syracuse told me my math GRE score was low. It was my second time taking the exam, and I only got 1 point higher, but my writing went up by 1.5. I can hope I get taken off the list, but it's my second year on it, so it just feels rough :( 

3 minutes ago, rzilby said:

@Arcanelady27 @ToshaSLP thanks guys. I really am happy for my friends. I just wish I had a reason to celebrate with them :( Syracuse told me my math GRE score was low. It was my second time taking the exam, and I only got 1 point higher, but my writing went up by 1.5. I can hope I get taken off the list, but it's my second year on it, so it just feels rough :( 

I don't why so much emphasis is placed on the math GRE score.

I find that the GRE is such a ridiculous test to focus on. A test does not depict the the type of person you are. I have friends who took the GRE, without studying, and straight up killed it. I studied for two months and came out mediocre. Schools should put more emphasis on the person themselves and not the grades.

18 minutes ago, Arcanelady27 said:

I don't why so much emphasis is placed on the math GRE score.

We have to do calculations to get scores and analysis information for patients. I get why math is important, and it's not my strongest subject by any means, but I have prerequisite CSD courses done that have tested me on calculating patient scores and working with numerical data, and I have A's in all of them. 

I just wish I could sit and explain that I commuted 3 hours daily and worked part time during my undergrad, and couldnt take research positions because my semesters were 18-20 credits each :( I'm lacking extra curriculars during my undergrad because I spent 3 hours daily in traffic, and the rest of my time hurrying through assignments to get them done on time. I thought I got good experiences added to my resume during my year out of college, but I guess it's not enough.

Meanwhile, every time I read a textbook talking about assessing patients or working with them to develop a treatment plan, I can't see myself doing anything else. It's heartbreaking. I imagine myself working in a clinic and going through the process, and I pour myself into my studies. But that doesn't carry over when they look at grades from when I was 18-19 or GRE scores. Or even in a 500 word essay, where they ask you questions that leave very little room to describe those experiences.

I don't know, I think if I don't get in, I have one more year in me to try, but if next year fails, I really don't want to go through this process again. It's just too depressing :(