Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

Just got my Italy notification as well. Also an alternate. Again. For the second year in a row. Seriously, Italy, are you just stringing me along here? Ugh. 

Anyway, congratulations to everyone who got good news today and hoping everyone gets answers soon!

6 minutes ago, lyonessrampant said:

Just got my Italy notification as well. Also an alternate. Again. For the second year in a row. Seriously, Italy, are you just stringing me along here? Ugh. 

Anyway, congratulations to everyone who got good news today and hoping everyone gets answers soon!

Fingers crossed that you move up the list! It does happen :)

9 minutes ago, manierata said:

Also an Italy alternate.  Che sará, sará!  Congrats to all of the accepted Fulbrighters and best of luck in your studies! 

(And here's to hoping that something else comes through....)

Yes, I'm hoping something good comes your way too! Alternate, perhaps? Or...?

3 hours ago, morelani said:

Denmark, Sweden, and Finland have all notified... leaving Norway (the country I applied to) as the only Nordic country that hasn't notified yet. I'm not sure if having this information is helping or hurting my psychological state. Phew!

I don't know if this will help, but you're not alone! :) Iceland hasn't been notified either and it's a Nordic country. Good luck and hope the wait isn't too long!

8 hours ago, legato said:

Hey there!

I am in a very similar situation regarding my UK partnership award to UCL. I only know of one other person applying to the same university who also has not heard back about an interview. So I think there very well could be a few more of us who they still have not gotten to. It's possible the UK is being delayed.

Also, there have been some posts here and in the 2016-17 Fulbright forum if you care to search back about someone's FPA saying that the UK occasionally does not interview candidates that go on to win because their application is strong enough.

I hope this gives you at least something to go off of...I am still checking my spam filters very regularly!!

Cheers

Whew, that is actually a huge relief to hear. I had seen a couple of (unsubstantiated) posts either earlier in this thread or last year's that sometimes interviews don't happen but aren't an ominous indication of non-recommendation, but hearing it confirmed definitely helps me breathe a bit more. I'm still hoping to hear news of an interview, but I suppose if one never comes to pass and it all turns out well in the end, I can't complain! 

Best of luck to you, btw. What is the focus of your project/study?

15 minutes ago, elbarton said:

Whew, that is actually a huge relief to hear. I had seen a couple of (unsubstantiated) posts either earlier in this thread or last year's that sometimes interviews don't happen but aren't an ominous indication of non-recommendation, but hearing it confirmed definitely helps me breathe a bit more. I'm still hoping to hear news of an interview, but I suppose if one never comes to pass and it all turns out well in the end, I can't complain! 

Those weren't unsubstantiated. They were posted by people familiar with the process.

Well I am in Germany right now and I am definitely freaking out that I might be here when I found out about Western Hemisphere (which tends to run from March 18-31st). Ughh! At least I don't have access to wifi constantly so I won't be checking my e-mail much. 

Edit: Congratulations on all those who are Finalists! And well wishes for those who will continue to wait or this time around they weren't chosen. 

Edited by ibette

17 hours ago, elbarton said:

@legato and @elbarton I contacted the Fulbright Program Coordinator in my country with a sneaky email saying "Just wanted to confirm that I did not miss an interview email, are all ETA's interviewed..." and got a really prompt nice response saying that they are only interviewing those whose applications brought up additional questions. SO since I didn't get an interview and a few other Bulgaria folks did (which really freaked me out) I am taking this as my application was clear and concise. Hopefully that is also the case for you both!