Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

7 minutes ago, Dilemma1 said:

lol it would appear so!  I would cry from happiness if I found out today!

I am completely fine with Fulbright pulling a Beyonce if it means we find out this afternoon!

First time applying to Fulbright, was already honored to be a semi-finalist my first time around. Hoping I hear the results in a few weeks! 

To everyone else who have heard already, congrats!! 

59 minutes ago, Horb said:

Pro tip: don't watch Great British Bake Off whilst waiting. You become nervous for them and yourself.

That's what I'm up to! I love it, though, GBBO is such an anxiety reducer for me because everyone tries their best and nobody scolds them too harshly if they don't succeed. 

I've been in mourning about Malaysia informing so late (theoretically I still have a MONTH), but if everything is going through ridiculously early, maybe I'll get lucky.... I did just got a full round of rejections from grad schools, so I could use the good news and some solid plans! 

3 minutes ago, aheather said:

That's what I'm up to! I love it, though, GBBO is such an anxiety reducer for me because everyone tries their best and nobody scolds them too harshly if they don't succeed. 

I've been in mourning about Malaysia informing so late (theoretically I still have a MONTH), but if everything is going through ridiculously early, maybe I'll get lucky.... I did just got a full round of rejections from grad schools, so I could use the good news and some solid plans! 

Wishing you early and positive notification!

1 minute ago, LibbyCreek said:

Wishing you early and positive notification!

Thank you!!! 

Honestly, something before mid-April would be fantastic. I'm sort of unemployed and homeless post-August, so I'd really like to start finding a job and a home if I'm not packing up and moving across the world. I'm sure many of us are in similar boats!

Hey everyone! 

This is my first post here. I'm a Czech Republic ETA semi-finalist. 

I was so worried that the notifications were going to come out late, but I guess all the changes at the State Department have left people there with less to do and more time to get those notifications out. It's almost certianly bad for the country, but it's good for us, so I am conflicted on how I should feel haha. 

I'm waiting for news on the Spain ETA grant, which is usually announced the same day as the research grant, but so far hasn't (even though research has!!).  I'm wondering: are decisions ever announced over the weekend?  Also, are they only announced during NY government hours (9-5)?  Meaning, should I tune out until Monday, or could this happen anytime??

29 minutes ago, Dobrih said:

Hey everyone! 

This is my first post here. I'm a Czech Republic ETA semi-finalist. 

I was so worried that the notifications were going to come out late, but I guess all the changes at the State Department have left people there with less to do and more time to get those notifications out. It's almost certianly bad for the country, but it's good for us, so I am conflicted on how I should feel haha. 

Hey there! Czech ETA semi-finalist here also. Hope we get to see more of each other :)

3 minutes ago, ciaochristine said:

Italy just notified, so they are sending out notifications past 5:00.  Unfortunately, I was not selected.  Looks like I'm heading to law school this fall.  @kgiombetti - hopefully you have good news?!

Glad you got notice, and sounds like you have another good option! 

I'm new here but I've been reading posts for a few weeks! Also a semifinalist for the Spain ETA and wondering why the research grants were announced but not the ETAs! Good luck everyone, I'm glad J found this forum cuz I am freaking out waiting like you all ?

11 minutes ago, ciaochristine said:

Italy just notified, so they are sending out notifications past 5:00.  Unfortunately, I was not selected.  Looks like I'm heading to law school this fall.  @kgiombetti - hopefully you have good news?!

@ciaochristine I'm an alternate. oh well!  Good luck with law school!

Edited by kgiombetti