Fall 2017 PhD Thread

16 minutes ago, RoadtoPhD said:

@AspiringScholar17 I was also scrolling through the forum acceptances page and it looks like last year northeastern let people know about interviews on the 24th :XXX

At this point, Im trying not to think about when the exact dates are for the schools -- i don't think my nerves can take all this suspense, haha. But yes! I saw that as well! 

It seems like acceptances come sometime in late feb though! 

3 hours ago, RoadtoPhD said:

GOOD LUCK GUYS! If we all get in I vote to plan our own visiting weekend together! @AspiringScholar17 @aml149 @HedgieLove

I'm down too!

Hey everyone just FYI - inside source says that acceptances this year should be earlier than last year for MSU because they are moving their visit weekend to be in Feb instead of March. So - we could find out by the end of this week/next about both Cincy and MSU!!!! AHHH!!!

59 minutes ago, HedgieLove said:

I'm down too!

Hey everyone just FYI - inside source says that acceptances this year should be earlier than last year for MSU because they are moving their visit weekend to be in Feb instead of March. So - we could find out by the end of this week/next about both Cincy and MSU!!!! AHHH!!!

I thought MSU was not having a visit weekend? Was it just no interview event? 

Either way, im hoping for some positive news soon!!!! :D

8 minutes ago, Waitingforgrad said:

Hey everyone, I haven't posted here yet. Yesterday I received an invite to Northeastern's pre-admission weekend, as well as an invite to visit University of Florida's department.

Didn't apply to UF but I am going to Northeasterns pre-admission!

13 minutes ago, aml149 said:

Just received an acceptance email from Michigan State!!!! Check your emails, people! Campus visit will be February 20-21.

Likewise!! I will be seeing you there @aml149!! 

I did not get an interview w northeastern or UC irvine, but i did get accepted to MSU just now! Woohoo! 

On 1/17/2017 at 11:20 AM, RoadtoPhD said:

Very helpful! Do you happen to remember around what time they let you know you were chosen for an interview?

I heard today that at least one person has received an invitation. I'd assume they've all gone out, but I don't know that for sure. 

Greetings everyone, 

I am new to this thread, but I figured I would join in. I applied to six criminal justice and three sociology PhD programs. To date, I have been accepted to SUNY, Florida State, and IUP. I have one formal rejection from Berkeley, but I also suspect I was denied admission into Emory. 

I have been browsing this site recently because I have become more anxious to receive my other admission decisions. In fact, I have grown more impatient since receiving my current admissions decisions than I had been after I submitted my apps. Does anyone else feel this way? It's like chasing a high, but you can't control when you're going to get your next fix.  

1 hour ago, Square49 said:

Greetings everyone, 

I am new to this thread, but I figured I would join in. I applied to six criminal justice and three sociology PhD programs. To date, I have been accepted to SUNY, Florida State, and IUP. I have one formal rejection from Berkeley, but I also suspect I was denied admission into Emory. 

I have been browsing this site recently because I have become more anxious to receive my other admission decisions. In fact, I have grown more impatient since receiving my current admissions decisions than I had been after I submitted my apps. Does anyone else feel this way? It's like chasing a high, but you can't control when you're going to get your next fix.  

I think I kind of know what you mean about that feeling. The first time I applied to PhD programs, I applied to 10 and I got more and more impatient as decisions started coming in. For me IDK if I'd call it chasing a high though, it was more like an "OMG this process has taken so damn long I just want it to be over already and know where I'm going to be next year" type of vibe. Congrats on the admissions and good luck with your other apps!