MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

Welp, that's it for me again.  I assume its a no on UCLA. 

Good luck to everyone!  Maybe I'll see some of you around here next year, maybe the 4th time around will be pan out.

3 hours ago, oliveoil said:

What program did you apply to? I only have news from the graphic design department! They have sent out and started interviews. They said that they should be sending out acceptances starting the week of March 6th!

Thanks for sharing!! Hope you get good news soon!! :)

Have you finished your interview with them?

I also have an interview (3 year) with them coming soon. May I ask if the interview process is formal? Would you mind giving me some advice on what kind of questions they would probably ask? Is it more about our work or more about ourselves?

Thanks a lot!! :) 

2 hours ago, bunkerhill said:

UCLA  finalist.

Does anyone have insights on the program? Their website is not very informative. Is it a 3 year or 2 year program?

If given the choice between UCLA and an Ivy MFA (excluding yale, columbia), what would be your choice? (Sorry, I'm international)

Congratulations! Which program? And do you mean finalist as you got in or finalist to be interviewed? 

Regarding ivy league or UCLA, I think depends on which program you applied and of your funding possibilites. Which ivy league do you mean?

9 hours ago, BlCEO said:

Welp, that's it for me again.  I assume its a no on UCLA. 

Good luck to everyone!  Maybe I'll see some of you around here next year, maybe the 4th time around will be pan out.

Did you only apply to UCLA?

Hope you get in somewhere still this year! 

People I say this with all love and admiration. Don't let a rejection (or even going to an alternate) control the direction of your life. When I was 20 I applied to RISD. It was every student's dream to go to RISD, where I am from. That year I was the only one admitted. It was an out of this world feeling. I couldn't tell you what it was about RISD or Providence but I know RISD is what I wanted. Fast forward six years later and I graduated from Tyler School of Art. Did I regret it? Not one iota. Was Tyler my dream school? Not close; but I got everything I needed from it and more. I was shaped in ways I wouldn't be at RISD. 

Here I am now, rejected by Yale and I could only tell you how much I dreamt of wearing a Yale hoodie but ya know what? You have to keep chugging! Maybe Yale wasn't for me and that's why I didn't get an interview but I am moving forward. The universe along with your active decision making will take you in the direction you need to be going in. Positive vybez. 

44 minutes ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

People I say this with all love and admiration. Don't let a rejection (or even going to an alternate) control the direction of your life. When I was 20 I applied to RISD. It was every student's dream to go to RISD, where I am from. That year I was the only one admitted. It was an out of this world feeling. I couldn't tell you what it was about RISD or Providence but I know RISD is what I wanted. Fast forward six years later and I graduated from Tyler School of Art. Did I regret it? Not one iota. Was Tyler my dream school? Not close; but I got everything I needed from it and more. I was shaped in ways I wouldn't be at RISD. 

Here I am now, rejected by Yale and I could only tell you how much I dreamt of wearing a Yale hoodie but ya know what? You have to keep chugging! Maybe Yale wasn't for me and that's why I didn't get an interview but I am moving forward. The universe along with your active decision making will take you in the direction you need to be going in. Positive vybez. 

congrats!! love and agree with this so much!! 

Got interviewed by my top pick last evening, but the professor I want to work with wasn't present. Do you guys think I should email him? There's only 4 people teaching painting there. I meant to mention who I wanted to work with during the interview but it just flew by and was over before I knew it. Thanks! Freakout commencing! <3

16 minutes ago, sylviecerise said:

@BlCEO doesn't UCLA interview some people and outright accept others later? I looked back a few years and it seems like some people didn't get interviews in February but were accepted later in March. 

I think that happened a couple times from what I remember.  Maybe its possible haha.  Have you heard anything yet?

5 hours ago, riverrun said:

Anyone hear anything from UNC Chapel Hill, University of Oregon, or UCSB ?

I heard from UNC on Friday (with an acceptance offer!) but only after emailing to follow up. They are still figuring out their funding unfortunately, hence the delay in notifications - I don't think they have notified everyone yet. 

If you hear from them and decide to go, shoot me a PM - it's where I'll be. I'm pretty excited all things considered. 

Edited by felixo

19 hours ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

WOW! Sorry. Hoping you applied to other places where this may not be likely to happen. 

No, but I'm sort of a unique situation maybe. I'm a little bit older (mid thirties), already moved to the area for my partner's work as of last year, and will have in state status because of this - and while I have visited many programs over the years in Chicago where I'm from, this is the first one I connected well with. It's small and interdisciplinary which is key for me. I'm gonna go, and if I need to pay in state tuition for one year (the second year they still said is looking good for funding) I can swing it, or if I can't, the loan debt will be small enough to be manageable. I still do commercial work in my field and while it wouldn't be fun to add this on to the year's expense I'll find a way to make it work.  

Got an interview invite from Northeastern. (Interdisciplinary Art/ MFA)

BUT this is basically my fault for not CC'ing this one lady on my angry email to this one other lady in communications where I said I would rather have the refund they offered back than apply to this other program. So, I bet they're gonna play dumb now. Whatever.

(They're funding sucks so I'll just ignore or send a passive aggressive email...idk yet).

52 minutes ago, BlCEO said:

I think that happened a couple times from what I remember.  Maybe its possible haha.  Have you heard anything yet?

Nope, nothing! I know it's unlikely at this point, but since UCLA's process is so mysterious and weird I'm holding on until I get an official rejection. :)

Edited by sylviecerise

21 minutes ago, sylviecerise said:

Nope, nothing! I know it's unlikely at this point, but since UCLA's process is so mysterious and weird I'm holding on until I get an official rejection. :)

I hear ya.  Either way, I wish you luck with Yale!

Been following for awhile and thought I'd post what I've gotten so far as everyone else's info has been super helpful to me:

Rejections: Rutgers, UNM, University of Wisconsin and Minnesota

Phone interview for Columbia College Chicago last week and phone interview today for Cranbrook all for photo

Still waiting fr a few, so hopefully good news will come soon. Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone heard from the University of Washington? I applied to the 3d4m program and am still waiting to hear back. I also have not yet heard back from Alfred, University of Arkansas and Ohio University.

18 minutes ago, newman said:

Has anyone heard from the University of Washington? I applied to the 3d4m program and am still waiting to hear back. I also have not yet heard back from Alfred, University of Arkansas and Ohio University.

Nothing from University of Washington. :(