MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

9 hours ago, Rosenfleuter said:

I just worry because according to past submissions, if one doesn't hear by February they are probably rejected... this year seems really weird though, apparently nobody has heard from them in terms of any of the MFA programs (except in theatre, I think). I'm getting impatient as well. Good luck to you, it's my top choice as well! Keep me notified if you hear anything, I'll do the same! 

I'll definitely let you know.....good luck to you as well!

19 minutes ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

I got into Hunter College. This concludes my MFA applications

SXgJDsG.jpg

CONGRATS!!! Thats great! You really killed it! Did you get in everywhere? How many schools did you apply to??

17 minutes ago, Dreaminghigh said:

Yaeee!!!! I got into Hunter as well! Finally the process of waiting on schools are over. :D

Condragulations! I had my interview Saturday and am still waiting to hear from them. Did you guys get an email or a phone call?

9 minutes ago, aryahl said:

Condragulations! I had my interview Saturday and am still waiting to hear from them. Did you guys get an email or a phone call?

Just got in as well :) 

I received an e-mail that said a decision was posted to my application portal, where I received my acceptance letter :) 

Ha, figures. Was really banking on today being the day I find out if I got in or not. Turns out RIT is closed today due to severe weather conditions.

19 minutes ago, AnniKatt said:

Ha, figures. Was really banking on today being the day I find out if I got in or not. Turns out RIT is closed today due to severe weather conditions.

Good luck! I hope you get in as well!

I think it's AWESOME that you are studying medical illustration!

13 minutes ago, Causofit said:

Good luck! I hope you get in as well!

I think it's AWESOME that you are studying medical illustration!

Aww, thank you! Just crossing my fingers that this all goes according to plan lol. Best of luck to you as well!

Yay, congratulations @Poodle-Doodle @Causofit @peanutbutterjelly and @Dreaminghigh !!!!!!!!

Btw Tyler people: I got a not-very-helpful response that graduate departments are still reviewing applications and we should hear back "soon." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, aryahl said:

I just got an email saying decisions where posted online 

1 hour ago, sylviecerise said:

Yay, congratulations @Poodle-Doodle @Causofit @peanutbutterjelly and @Dreaminghigh !!!!!!!!

Btw Tyler people: I got a not-very-helpful response that graduate departments are still reviewing applications and we should hear back "soon." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hahaha I got that response too. I'm gonna ask if i don't get in if I can get deferred to their summer intensive since I've been waiting to hear back before I applied to that....

On 3/14/2017 at 2:21 PM, Poodle-Doodle said:

@eyerolling First and foremost I love your username! Thank you. I have no idea yet but there are three programs that are going to have a lip-sync extravaganza. May the best program win. Good luck! and Fuck it up! :D:D

Thank you!!! Eyerolling is my thang. Lol

And: Did UCLA offered you any grant? 

38 minutes ago, Causofit said:

Hi all you Hunter folks ( @Poodle-Doodle  @peanutbutterjelly and @Dreaminghigh ), do know if there is funding? Or they don't offer?

Thank you all for your kind words of support. I am so excited to get to the studio now that this process is all done! @oliveoil @AnniKatt @Dreaminghigh I don't know where I am going yet. I basically asked my recommenders to have coffee with me throughout this week and we are going to weigh the pros against the cons and where is best for my work and practice versus the amount of money I am being offered (I have two full rides hopefully I can use that as leverage). I wanted to go dancing to celebrate being done with interviews on Saturday night while I was in NYC but dang! It was dern cold all I wanted to do was rest. 

In response to @Causofit Tehehehehe :D Hunter doesn't offer any funding. "Apparently" according to them they are broke and very cheap so they are unable to award funding. They encourage citizens and Permanent residence- which I am neither of - to apply for FAFSA. 

3 hours ago, sylviecerise said:

For five positions? Very intense 

1 hour ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

In response to @Causofit Tehehehehe :D Hunter doesn't offer any funding. "Apparently" according to them they are broke and very cheap so they are unable to award funding. They encourage citizens and Permanent residence- which I am neither of - to apply for FAFSA. 

Hunter offers TAships.  They also encourage to work part time, maybe ask them if they can help you secure a work permit?  The grad admissions person (the one that sent out the email with typos) told us some of her colleagues left without any debt. 

2 hours ago, bspesak said:

Just received my acceptance letter from Parsons. That is my second acceptance letter (first was from Pratt) both with funding. Still waiting on NYU and Columbia. Anyone heard from either of those two yet? For Studio Art. 

Thanks,

B

Congrats on your acceptances and funding! Several people already received interviews for Columbia, with a few acceptances and others waiting. Not sure about NYU.

3 hours ago, bspesak said:

Just received my acceptance letter from Parsons. That is my second acceptance letter (first was from Pratt) both with funding. Still waiting on NYU and Columbia. Anyone heard from either of those two yet? For Studio Art. 

Thanks,

B

NYU just finished their interview last week, they said in the interview they will contact in 2-4 weeks, sometime around the end of March or beginning of April.