What school are you excited to hear from?

natofone

All of them! :)

I'll be intrigued to find out how I fair with the US schools I applied to, as I did find the US application process and the GRE to be quite alien and rather daunting. But I'm also excited to hear from the UK ones too. I genuinely would be very happy with all the schools I've applied to and, at this point, I'd bite someone's hand off for the chance to be accepted with funding anywhere!

How about you, natofone?

Probably Penn, because I've met with two professors from there and they were extremely pleasant and told me that I'd be a good fit with their research work. Of course, like the poster below, I'm genuinely interested in hearing from all of the schools and making a decision in March or April based on some good options. We'll see what happens.

im extremely excited about the prospect of studying at u chicago. that said, i need to come to grips with the fact that i probably won't get it. i am therefore also becoming particularly excited about northwestern, yale, and johns hopkins, as well as the committee on social thought at chicago.

i know i am an excellent fit for chicago's program - the question is about my qualifications, the relatively random admissions process, and my SOP. wish me luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm dying to hear from UIUC, I keep having visions of the admissions committee discussing my application, laughing and putting it on the rejection pile - what makes it worse is I went there a couple of years ago for a study abroad thing, so I can put faces to the committee! EDIT: whoa, old thread! didn't notice :huh:

Edited by Sanssouci

Northwestern (hopeful I'll get in), Yale (not very hopeful), Chicago (still not very hopeful), Toronto MA (so at least I'll know that I'm going back to school next year).

I'm really looking forward to hearing from Duke. My interests are remarkably similar to those of Michael Gillespie, and with Euben and Grant, the department seems like a good fit for someone with a strong interest in the history of political thought (such as myself). Unfortunately, while my record is by no means abysmal, I'm not especially confident about my prospects for admission when there are so many qualified applicants.

• 3 weeks later...

I was really looking forward to hear from Northwestern since it was the only program I thought I would get into, was a good fit, and would give me a proper career. But when the acceptances of Northwestern poured in, I did not get an e-mail, which is basically a rejection... So my excitement turned into a dull "uh now what?"

Edited by curufinwe

It's all about Princeton for me. I'm literally dying from the anticipation of finding out, although I will be happy if I get in anywhere considering how competetive all the schools I applied to are. Still a couple weeks of waiting for Princeton I fear.

I'm most excited to hear from Cornell, Brandeis, and Syracuse. The prospect of being able to work with people like Martin Shefter, Richard Bensel, and Elizabeth Sanders gets me far more excited than it really should, especially since I probably won't get in. Oh well, here's to long shots!

Ugh I want to hear from all of them. What is killing me is that acceptances (at least from one university) seem to trickle out 1 or 2 at a time each day. The anxiety is wearing me down haha. Here's to anywhere I get in!