Answers and Celebrations

JohnBom

I'm also a Wisconsin admit :)

Congratulations to everyone else who have been admitted to other outstanding programs!!

One question for everyone about funding to Wisconsin: did your notification say you were awarded any funding, or merely direct you to a website with a list of funding opportunities?

Edited by bb385

I'm also a Wisconsin admit :)

Congratulations to everyone else who have been admitted to other outstanding programs!!

One question for everyone with funding to Wisconsin: did your notification say you were awarded any funding, or merely direct you to a website with a list of funding opportunities?

Congratulations! Now there are four acceptances! I hope all of you have good news on funding soon.

I just got into WISCONSIN! :) (Posted on results page.) This was among my top choices!!!! :)

Congratulations to focused, Berkeley is absolutely outstanding.

Thank you, EdPolicy. Congratulations to you, as well! That is great news!

I thought I wasn't in Wisconsin for sure, but I just received an email that I have five years of guaranteed support and I have been nominated for a fellowship. The happiness still hasn't set in. I still can't believe it.

I thought I wasn't in Wisconsin for sure, but I just received an email that I have five years of guaranteed support and I have been nominated for a fellowship. The happiness still hasn't set in. I still can't believe it.

That's sweet. Congratulations to you and all the other people who have been admitted in the past couple of days.

Holy shit Astro!! OMG! CONGRATS!! I was feeling so bad for you yesterday, reading your update, thinking about the fact that you started this thread and you got a rejection.

YAY!! Is that a top choice for you?

I am still in limbo. According to years past, I still have a couple of weeks before I hear anything. I think the stress will kill me by then because now that others are getting in, I assume that means that I won't.

Congratulations, Astronautka!

Awwww!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you!!! See, you didn't have anything to worry about :lol: It won't sink in for days! It took my husband a while to process all of his acceptances :D Go have a drink or something!

How exciting!!! Congrats!

Woohoo! Congrats!

Holy shit Astro!! OMG! CONGRATS!! I was feeling so bad for you yesterday, reading your update, thinking about the fact that you started this thread and you got a rejection.

YAY!! Is that a top choice for you?

I am still in limbo. According to years past, I still have a couple of weeks before I hear anything. I think the stress will kill me by then because now that others are getting in, I assume that means that I won't.

Everyone's congratulating me because I was being such a baby yesterday! ;)

I read your blog entry and loved it. I was thinking being able to see when other people got in made the whole process harder. Especially when I thought that all the wisconsin acceptances were sent out yesterday. I was considering about getting off gradcafe completely on account of the stress. (It's extra stressful for me because I would have to leave the country if I didn't get in anywhere.) Now I am no longer troubled..

The choice is up to you. Do you want to stay informed of people's successes in real time and risk shedding some unnecessary tears or do you want to hide in a cave and see who comes knocking.

Everyone's congratulating me because I was being such a baby yesterday! ;)

I read your blog entry and loved it. I was thinking being able to see when other people got in made the whole process harder. Especially when I thought that all the wisconsin acceptances were sent out yesterday. I was considering about getting off gradcafe completely on account of the stress. (It's extra stressful for me because I would have to leave the country if I didn't get in anywhere.) Now I am no longer troubled..

The choice is up to you. Do you want to stay informed of people's successes in real time and risk shedding some unnecessary tears or do you want to hide in a cave and see who comes knocking.

Dude, I am at the dance in my dorkiest dress and I am totally going to make the best of it! Maybe I will spike the punch. ;)

Congrats!

I'm admitted by Wisconsin, too, but without funding information available. Anyway, the admission is exciting enough for me!

Edited by tomi

Dude, I am at the dance in my dorkiest dress and I am totally going to make the best of it! Maybe I will spike the punch. ;)

I am curious what that would entail in this context.. :P

Congrats!

I'm admitted by Wisconsin, too, but without funding information available. Anyway, the admission is exciting enough for me!

Great to hear that! Will I see anyone at the open house in March?

Edited by Astronautka