Fall 2010 application season Chem responses

Steph<3Chem

I haven't heard anything either, and I'm not sure what it means. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Just got a letter from MIT. Denied!

Though, just got back from visiting Pitt and was pretty pleased with their department. Anyone else applying to Pitt?

Rejected from Yale. Got a nice but short response to an email I sent to the department asking about my application status. Just glad at this point to have an answer, sick of playing the waiting game and having it over my head. Plus I think I like Cornell and UNC-CH better anyhow :D

Rejected from Yale. Got a nice but short response to an email I sent to the department asking about my application status. Just glad at this point to have an answer, sick of playing the waiting game and having it over my head. Plus I think I like Cornell and UNC-CH better anyhow biggrin.gif

You going to UNC-CH this weekend for visitation?

Well, game's over. Final tally:

UNC-CH - accepted.

U of Chicago - rejected.

U of Pittsburgh - accepted.

MIT - rejected.

UPenn - rejected.

Yes sir! Plane gets in around 3pm. I assume a certain mountain man is making an appearance there as well?

That's right, I'll probably be down there the same time, if not a little later. I'm driving, leaving that day.

Got a rejection from Dartmouth today...which I find very amusing, since it was one of my "safety" schools, and I was accepted at my top 2 choices. I heard some stories about people getting into their top choices but not safeties, I just didn't expect it to happen! I'm wondering if I will be rejected from my other safety (RPI) at this point, since I haven't heard from them lol.

I have a weird predicament. I was accepted to WUSTL and I've already visited them, picked out professors, envisioned my life there, etc.

Yesterday I found out that UCD had rejected a person from the results page, but nothing comes up for me.

Furthermore, I am waiting for Washington and Boulder to get back to me. Are they waiting for funding for me? What are the visit dates for Washington and UC Davis?

I want to plan a vacation before I fully immerse myself in grad student life.

How grown up are you feeling right now? Because the advice I was given (aside from that TSRI is an excellent institution) is that going there would be more like going to a job than continuing the college experience. There are no undergraduates there, no undie run etc etc

Both would be a good starting point for the kind of career you want. I am also interested in UCSD and I saw on their chemistry page that about 65% of their phds go on to work in academia. Maybe that just means they cant find a job so they all become post-docs :lol:

it is very much a 'job' type of feel. but there is great science and placement. jeez decisions ahhhh

For that one individual who wants a chance

Interests: Biophysical chemistry and structural biology

Training in biochem (chem emphasis) at a CSU

Applied:: UCSF Tetrad, UCB MCB , UCSD chem/biochem, UCLA ACCESS, UW Madison iPiB, UM Ann Arbor PiBs, UT Southwestern, Scripps Research

Interviewed/Accepted: UCB, UCSD, UW Madison, UM Ann Arbor, UT Southwestern, Scripps Research

Rejected: UCSF Tetrad

3.4 GPA, GRE 700Q 520V, great research experience, recommendation letters, fellowships

Edited by chemmastr

Has anyone heard from TAMU or boston college.......I called up TAMu and they said that decisions are still being made

As far as boston college is concerned they said that my application is still under review though they had a Jan 2 deadline....does that mean i have been waitlisted?

Has anyone heard from TAMU or boston college.......I called up TAMu and they said that decisions are still being made

As far as boston college is concerned they said that my application is still under review though they had a Jan 2 deadline....does that mean i have been waitlisted?

I got my acceptance from BC the middle of last month by postal mail; their visit weekend is at the end of this month so I would imagine they'll be making the rest of their decisions soon.

I am waiting on TAMU too

Oh! thats good to know......atleast I am not the only one....I called up the grad office and they said they are still reviewing applications for international students and will let them know by end of this month so i guess nothing left to do but wait

Just got rejected from Yale via the "view decision" link on my application page.

Same, though I had emailed them and found out earlier this week. Glad to just finally get a decision, was so tired of waiting. I'm still waiting on a safety school which I don't care about anymore anyway. I guess I should probably email them just so I can give my final count as well :)

Received an admit with funding ffrom TAMU today morning....yay!!:)

still waiting for Cornell but dont think thats gonna happen...so mostly will be going to TAMU

applied: UPenn, Cornell, TAMU, CU Boulder

Accepted: CU Boulder, TAMU

Rejected: UPenn

Still waiting: Cornell

Congratulations!!!