Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

26 minutes ago, resDQ said:

Which is worse: Acceptance troll or Rejection troll?

Great question... I'll go with acceptance because it gets my claustrophobia going, but rejection could just as easily stoke my "oh no, not me too" feelings....

Trolls are messing with my gastrointestinal processes!

11 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

Great question... I'll go with acceptance because it gets my claustrophobia going, but rejection could just as easily stoke my "oh no, not me too" feelings....

Trolls are messing with my gastrointestinal processes!

Rejection Trolls get my hopes up because there is a chance of a waitlist! At least the latest troll used the official name "Leland Stanford Junior University"

*edited to correct error.

Edited by resDQ

39 minutes ago, tkid86 said:

Got my first rejection of the cycle from GWU. Stings, but I'm not heartbroken.

Checked on the website. Generic rejection template.

Did they send you an email about it? The only thing keeping me from checking each application 5x a day is the thought that I would get an email saying something had changed. If that isn't the case...well, there goes my productivity and sanity for the next month

4 minutes ago, krapp said:

Did they send you an email about it? The only thing keeping me from checking each application 5x a day is the thought that I would get an email saying something had changed. If that isn't the case...well, there goes my productivity and sanity for the next month

They didn't. (Sorry.) But I knew to check GWU based upon past cycles. Notifications seemed to start coming out the Tuesday after MLK Day.

Thanks, I'll start keeping an eye on it. It looks like most programs I've applied to typically start around the beginning of February, I guess GWU just likes to be ahead of the curve.

13 minutes ago, krapp said:

Thanks, I'll start keeping an eye on it. It looks like most programs I've applied to typically start around the beginning of February, I guess GWU just likes to be ahead of the curve.

Best of luck!

2 minutes ago, cellec said:

I'm low key freaking out about these

The timing isn't off, but there are trolls. It takes less than a minute to post multiple results. Congrats to those who received good news if they are true, but until rejections are out or someone confirms here...

41 minutes ago, advark said:

UT Austin: did your app status change at all? Mine still says under review.

7 hours ago, tkid86 said:

Got my first rejection of the cycle from GWU. Stings, but I'm not heartbroken.

Checked on the website. Generic rejection template.

Both Austin and GWU still show "under review" for me as well