Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

24 minutes ago, HermioneWannabe said:

I feel like this week has been a lot quieter than expected. Any thoughts about who we may hear from over the next two days?

I am waiting for MIchigan, maybe Vanderbilt and Penn and perhaps get some closure on Rochester, UNC and now Maryland. I don't expect Notre Dame this week.

2 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

I am waiting for MIchigan, maybe Vanderbilt and Penn and perhaps get some closure on Rochester, UNC and now Maryland. I don't expect Notre Dame this week.

Just now, Monody said:

Maybe MIT (and hopefully the theoretical rest of Stanford).

Yeah I'm hoping for closure on Stanford and Rochester.  I'd love to hear from Michigan / MIT. Then hopefully Yale / Harvard / Cornell over the next two weeks. Then I'll be done.

5 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

I'm really really hoping ND sends out results this week. I'm sick of waiting. 

Just now, Monody said:

Ive to say even if hypothetically would get into Stanford still, I would struggle deciding between it and Columbia.

I'd pick Columbia, hands down - but more based on location / proximity to my family.  That may not be the best way to decide on programs, but I want to be within a reasonable distance of all the people I care about.

I'm hoping for Yale next week and closure to Georgetown (only saw to admits, I think?) and UMD. Really expecting all my schools next week except for JHU. 

32 minutes ago, HopeNeverDies said:

Hey Comparativist, Why are you so sure that Northwestern is definitely done? I am still waiting an answer from them.

A couple of people here have commented that they already had their admitted student visit (or is very soon, can't remember exactly when it is/was). I doubt they would do that without sending out all their acceptances. 

6 minutes ago, Comparativist said:

A couple of people here have commented that they already had their admitted student visit (or is very soon, can't remember exactly when it is/was). I doubt they would do that without sending out all their acceptances. 

Yes, I guess it makes sense. That's sad, why they haven't rejected everyone else then? It's just mean.

10 minutes ago, HopeNeverDies said:

Yes, I guess it makes sense. That's sad, why they haven't rejected everyone else then? It's just mean.

Last year they took a while to send rejections as well. Been there.