Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

3 minutes ago, philpot said:

I'm still holding out hope, because based on past years, it doesn't look like they interview every accepted applicant. But maybe that's wrong, or maybe they changed it. Either way, I'm not emotionally ready to give up ND yet :P

You are right. I am more pessimistic due to re-reading my SOP to ND and finding it kind of botched...

4 minutes ago, Monody said:

Ive to say re-reading an SOP feels somewhat like re-reading some sort of love letter you wrote as a child. Over the top and quite embarrassing in hindsight.

Totally. 

Hey there,

someone on the results board asked me if I could tell you the places where I got accepted since I indicated 2a in the notes of my Duke rejection entry. You were probably wondering where I got in with my really-not-so-stellar GRE results. Well yes, I admit I kinda cheated, because my two admisson offers are from UK universities: LSE and King's College London (MPhil/PhD in IR and PhD in War Studies, respectively). I haven't entered the LSE admit yet, because they're still deciding on funding. I was told by the POI that my application was put forward "highly ranked" to the scholarship committee...

Still waiting on two decisions from the US (although one of the two pending is U Chicago and since I also got the silent treatment, I consider myself rejected from there, too), but I am pretty sure my low quantitative score killed it for the US schools.

P.S. Sorry for my late reply to the question, I took me a while to figure out how to respond without spamming the survey board :)

11 minutes ago, Monody said:

Ive to say re-reading an SOP feels somewhat like re-reading some sort of love letter you wrote as a child. Over the top and quite embarrassing in hindsight.

Yup. 

40 minutes ago, philpot said:

Good luck! I've seen several posts about ND interviews, so I'm wondering if I should be concerned that I haven't heard anything...

32 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

Same here. I am expecting rejection on that front, as with UNC.

I think not all applicants are interviewed considering what I saw from last year. Just to clarify, I am an international student, so it may be that they want to find out whether I am able to communicate in English. I heard from my advisor that (this is in general though) some interviews for international applicants are partly to check whether the applicants actually wrote the SOPs and writing samples.

Anyhows, good luck to you guys!!

27 minutes ago, Monody said:

I completely agree. I just read over my SOP and the phrases I wrote cannot be this embarassing...

37 minutes ago, TheWalkingGrad said:

Claiming a Syracuse admission! :D

Hi,

Congratulations!!! I also received a Syracuse admission. What is your subfield?

UGH! It's so GREAT to have this back... yesterday I couldn't post at all and it bummed me out. The website seems to still be acting funny, at least on my end... dunno what to say about that other than I wanted to admit how much I have really enjoyed this community. I haven't been able to share with many people around me because I am in a job right now and don't want to disrupt everything here until things are locked in. So, this has been an awesome place to share and be excited with others going through the same process. So, anyway, cheers to us!

Also, congrats to all the people who claimed acceptances over the last few days, especially peeps who are claiming there first ones. Still keeping fingers crossed for those waiting to get offers.

12 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

UGH! It's so GREAT to have this back... yesterday I couldn't post at all and it bummed me out. The website seems to still be acting funny, at least on my end... dunno what to say about that other than I wanted to admit how much I have really enjoyed this community. I haven't been able to share with many people around me because I am in a job right now and don't want to disrupt everything here until things are locked in. So, this has been an awesome place to share and be excited with others going through the same process. So, anyway, cheers to us!

Also, congrats to all the people who claimed acceptances over the last few days, especially peeps who are claiming there first ones. Still keeping fingers crossed for those waiting to get offers.

I know the feeling - I currently work in a corporate setting and they think I'm going to leave and go to school in a few years (and it's going to stay that way until I commit somewhere)....so hard to contain excitement and disappointment at work. Getting time off to visit schools is even worse. Thankfully I can vent here!

25 minutes ago, HermioneWannabe said:

I know the feeling - I currently work in a corporate setting and they think I'm going to leave and go to school in a few years (and it's going to stay that way until I commit somewhere)....so hard to contain excitement and disappointment at work. Getting time off to visit schools is even worse. Thankfully I can vent here!

Exactly the same situation here. 

43 minutes ago, TheWalkingGrad said:

Congrats!

At Syracuse I applied for IR/Comparative, how about you?

I applied for theory/comparative. I am still waiting on 9 schools, but I am delighted with Syracuse. Syracuse is a "best fit" for me, a tie with 2 other schools.

Edited by kwaddy

Not sure if the WUSTL acceptances are real or not. Wanted to ask yesterday when the forums were down. But if any of you are considering it and want to know more about the area, send me a PM.

As for Syracuse admits, congrats! Still waiting and hoping for my e-mail from the DGS...

If anybody got accepted to university of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and is not planning on attending... Tell them soon please! Per DGA, They're not taking any more theory applicants unless they fail to fill the other slots. It's a long shot for me but maybe I am the only one that wants to move to the prairie. 

17 minutes ago, tkid86 said:

Not sure if the WUSTL acceptances are real or not. Wanted to ask yesterday when the forums were down. But if any of you are considering it and want to know more about the area, send me a PM.

As for Syracuse admits, congrats! Still waiting and hoping for my e-mail from the DGS...

Mine (WUSTL) was real! I'll be sure to reach out- I'd love to hear more about the area!

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, tkid86 said:

Claiming a WUSTL acceptance. It wouldn't let me do that while the forums were down.