Fall 2017 Counseling Psychology Applicants

Le Chat

1 hour ago, AnxGradStudent said:

Waiting to hear back from Central Arkansas and West Virginia---anyone hear anything yet?

Got a phone offer from WVU today, but haven't heard anything from Central Arkansas. Some offers went out for UCA last week though.

3 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

Congrats!! It's always so uplifting to hear of people getting into their #1 choice :)

Thanks. I appreciate it. In this case, the third time was indeed the charm. It's been a long road and I'm glad to be headed in the right direction. Good luck to everyone still waiting! Hang in there!

Edited by schizometric
Typo

Has anyone heard from Boston College? I saw someone post on the results page last week and am wondering if anyone else has heard. I remember them saying on interview day it's a rolling type process so curious if anyone knows the timeline or where they are in that process?

6 minutes ago, coffeelover2317 said:

Any Canadian applicants out there?

Just applied to one Counselling Program (Master of Arts in Counseling Psych at Uni of Ottawa)

Anyone heard yet?

Hey not sure if you saw but there is a Masters - Canada thread on this fourm! You may find some answers there about if anyone has heard back from that program :)

• 2 weeks later...

Long shot but if any other applicant's who accepted at Central Arkansas Counseling Psych program want to connect before the summer, feel free to PM me! I know there's five of us total coming in and would love to get to know everyone :)

13 hours ago, ellieotter said:

Long shot but if any other applicant's who accepted at Central Arkansas Counseling Psych program want to connect before the summer, feel free to PM me! I know there's five of us total coming in and would love to get to know everyone :)

When I talked to other applicants at the interview, no one seemed to be familiar with these forums.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just offered early acceptance to OU's Professional Counseling Master's, with research/thesis focus.

Anyone here do a Master's program in Counseling before doctoral Counseling Psych?

1 hour ago, abnumber5 said:

I was just offered early acceptance to OU's Professional Counseling Master's, with research/thesis focus.

Anyone here do a Master's program in Counseling before doctoral Counseling Psych?

I did. Well, my masters is Counseling Psychology.

Edited by schizometric

1 hour ago, abnumber5 said:

I know a few people who got their MA in counseling before pursing their PhD!