Peabody Vanderbilt Fall 2017

hopefulPhD2017

26 minutes ago, 1too3for5 said:

I got a call for an interview!

Congrats! For the CRA program, as well?? Very exciting news, @1too3for5

I got an email thanking me for applying... "We simply wanted to touch base and let you know that your application is still going through the review process." So, not a rejection, which is always nice. :)

1 hour ago, 1too3for5 said:

I got a call for an interview!

@1too3for5 OMG congrats!  Is this a call for the on-campus weekend or for an interview with some professors in advance of the campus visit? 

Edited by ugggggh

1 hour ago, hopefulPhD2017 said:

I got an email thanking me for applying... "We simply wanted to touch base and let you know that your application is still going through the review process." So, not a rejection, which is always nice. :)

I got the same email this morning. I about collapsed into tears when I read the subject "Thank you for applying...." I assumed it was a rejection.

I wonder if they are calling "acceptable" applicants for interviews as they find them or if they are compiling a big list to contact at once?

42 minutes ago, OutdoorsEd said:

I got the same email this morning. I about collapsed into tears when I read the subject "Thank you for applying...." I assumed it was a rejection.

I wonder if they are calling "acceptable" applicants for interviews as they find them or if they are compiling a big list to contact at once?

I didn't get that email or a call yet today. Feeling super anxious! 

8 minutes ago, Espeon said:

I didn't get that email or a call yet today. Feeling super anxious! 

I'm feeling super anxious, too! I applied for CRA and saw that some folks have gotten an interview/waitlist.  Feelings super nervous, too! My bf keeps telling me - it's out of your hands, don't fret....but I can't help it!! 

2 hours ago, hopefulPhD2017 said:

I would LOVE to get one of those...the waiting is making me nutty!

4 minutes ago, hopeful_educator_1029 said:

I'm feeling super anxious, too! I applied for CRA and saw that some folks have gotten an interview/waitlist.  Feelings super nervous, too! My bf keeps telling me - it's out of your hands, don't fret....but I can't help it!! 

My friend in LPO mentioned that they may call applicants over a two or three day period depending on the professors' timelines. I'm still checking my email/application status every hour though. Lol. 

1 minute ago, Espeon said:

My friend in LPO mentioned that they may call applicants over a two or three day period depending on the professors' timelines. I'm still checking my email/application status every hour though. Lol. 

Bookmark, refresh. Logout. Log back in. Refresh. Update phone. Turn off phone. Turn it back on again. :) Soon!!

1 hour ago, hopeful_educator_1029 said:

Bookmark, refresh. Logout. Log back in. Refresh. Update phone. Turn off phone. Turn it back on again. :) Soon!!

OMG same.  I applied to the LTD program, so I'm happy (?) that I don't see any of those coming up on the Survey page, but also very nervous.  

1 hour ago, Espeon said:

Right, of course, they're only human! And herein lies the rub of GradCafe: I'm enjoying the fellowship and am glad I know others in the same boat, but if I didn't know someone had already gotten a call, I wouldn't be as anxious as I am now.

Wait, actually, I was fairly anxious before. But now it's more pointed. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, 1too3for5 said:

On-campus weekend!

Congratulations, @1too3for5!! That's so exciting. If you don't mind sharing, was it a professor you mentioned in your statement of purpose that called, or was it the chair of the department? (Or someone else?) Did you find out any other details for those of us still waiting? 

Congrats again! Nashville is a wonderful city. Regardless of whether you go there, the weekend will be a blast. :) 

I will say I'm reasonably confident that if we don't hear from LPO by today (and this probably goes for CRA as well since they seem to run on similar timelines) then it is doubtful we will be invited to the interview weekend. Admission isn't impossible (last year they admitted someone off the waitlist who didn't attend the weekend), but it's unlikely. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself... 

2 hours ago, Espeon said:

I will say I'm reasonably confident that if we don't hear from LPO by today (and this probably goes for CRA as well since they seem to run on similar timelines) then it is doubtful we will be invited to the interview weekend. Admission isn't impossible (last year they admitted someone off the waitlist who didn't attend the weekend), but it's unlikely. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself... 

Applicants who get admission offers from Peabody tend to get admission offers from other top schools, and depending on the strength of each program and location, they may choose different schools over Peabody. So there is still possibility. I was admitted off the waiting list long time ago but had multiple admission offers from other top schools. I chose Peabody as it is stronger in my field than the other schools.

2 hours ago, Espeon said:

What about TLD? 

I wouldn't worry too much about today being the cutoff day. For one, only one person has gotten an interview so far. You would think there are more Vandy applicants checking this website, so I feel reasonably confident that when interview invites go out, we'll see more show up on the results page of Grad Cafe. Two, today seems like a terrible day to call. Maybe they're going to email their invites, but I think Vandy is the type to call (assumption here). If they call and you don't answer, they're most likely not going to talk to you until Tuesday when they're back in the office, which is a long time to hold off a prospective student. 

I feel like today is another day to spend waiting and Tuesday will be the more likely contact day. 

1 hour ago, OutdoorsEd said:

What about TLD? 

I wouldn't worry too much about today being the cutoff day. For one, only one person has gotten an interview so far. You would think there are more Vandy applicants checking this website, so I feel reasonably confident that when interview invites go out, we'll see more show up on the results page of Grad Cafe. Two, today seems like a terrible day to call. Maybe they're going to email their invites, but I think Vandy is the type to call (assumption here). If they call and you don't answer, they're most likely not going to talk to you until Tuesday when they're back in the office, which is a long time to hold off a prospective student. 

I feel like today is another day to spend waiting and Tuesday will be the more likely contact day. 

I suppose you're right! I thought it was weird to split notifications over a three day weekend, but I guess it is possible. 

I haven't seen the first result for TLD, so I'm not even sure they've started the notification process for that program. Still lots of hope to have! Lol. 

Edited by Espeon

1 hour ago, OutdoorsEd said:

What about TLD? 

I suppose you're right! I thought it was weird to split notifications over a three day weekend, but I guess it is possible. 

I haven't seen the first result for TLD, so they may not have started the notification process yet. Still lots of hope left there! 

6 hours ago, Espeon said:

Since only one person on here has heard from LPO I'm not willing to phone it in just yet. But it is frustrating going into a holiday weekend, @Espeon I hear you!