Peabody Vanderbilt Fall 2017

hopefulPhD2017

26 minutes ago, ChaiL said:

Any attending the Masters Student visit days on 23rd and 24th February? I'm an international student so won't be able to make it. Any insights from those of you attending would be immensely helpful! :)

Same here! I am from India and won't be able to attend the Student Visit days this week. Would love to hear from you all about how it went. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Supraja said:

Same here! I am from India and won't be able to attend the Student Visit days this week. Would love to hear from you all about how it went. Thanks!

Ditto! Not an international student but I currently live abroad. I'm very curious about the program (IEPM) and how people feel about the university, Peabody, Nashville, cohort environment, etc.

Hello,

I have been stalking these threads for last 2-3 weeks. Thank you everyone, who has been posting updates.

I have applied to Peabody, PhD (LPO). I have not heard anything from them. No interview, nothing.

I am dreaming that they might just accept me :) or at least call for interview soon.

Is this a realistic expectation? Do they usually delay it so much?

I am too scared to actually ask them.

(International Student)

(Also posted in the Fall 2017 thread)

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:32 AM, Scheacc said:

Hello,

I have been stalking these threads for last 2-3 weeks. Thank you everyone, who has been posting updates.

I have applied to Peabody, PhD (LPO). I have not heard anything from them. No interview, nothing.

I am dreaming that they might just accept me :) or at least call for interview soon.

Is this a realistic expectation? Do they usually delay it so much?

I am too scared to actually ask them.

(International Student)

(Also posted in the Fall 2017 thread)

I also have heard nothing. They are the last program I'm waiting to hear from! Since I didn't get an interview, I'm planning on a rejection.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 9:24 PM, hopefulPhD2017 said:

I also have heard nothing. They are the last program I'm waiting to hear from! Since I didn't get an interview, I'm planning on a rejection.

I have applied to the ELP program and still haven't heard a thing, so I emailed the admission office today. They told me that all first round candidates have been offered admission, though faculty may reach out to other candidates if these people fail to meet the April 15th deadline. My current top offer also has April 15th as its deadline, and I wonder if I will be able to hear anything from them sooner than that.

2 hours ago, gracexx said:

I have applied to the ELP program and still haven't heard a thing, so I emailed the admission office today. They told me that all first round candidates have been offered admission, though faculty may reach out to other candidates if these people fail to meet the April 15th deadline. My current top offer also has April 15th as its deadline, and I wonder if I will be able to hear anything from them sooner than that.

I also emailed them just now. I guess it's nice that they wait until definitive decisions have been made by others, but isn't there usually more of a waitlist or reject scenario? Interesting choice, Peabody. I just searched the results thread--I've kind of stopped checking--and there have been a number of PhD rejections posted, for what it's worth.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Scheacc said:

Anyone who got into PhD (LPO) at Peabody, but is planning to reject it? ;) 

#Wishfulthinking

Not me, but I'm still waiting to hear from Peabody. I don't understand why the didn't do rejections and wait lists like the rest of them.