Fall 2017 Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections Thread

csot

2 hours ago, sociological said:

I'm guessing all Minnesota acceptances have now gone out...?

It looks like their first round did...if you look at last year there was a late acceptance and then a round of rejections early Feb.  So if you were waiting for that school and haven't it isn't necessarily bad news if last year's pattern holds.

10 minutes ago, draco.malfoy said:

Does anyone know anything about UCLA, Berkeley, Northwestern, Michigan, Yale or UVA?

I also applied to Berkeley and Yale and haven't heard anything yet. I just checked their sites a few hours ago. 

13 minutes ago, draco.malfoy said:

Does anyone know anything about UCLA, Berkeley, Northwestern, Michigan, Yale or UVA?

I applied to Michigan - nothing yet. From checking previous years on the result page, I estimate we won't know for at least another week. 

16 minutes ago, draco.malfoy said:

I applied to Berkeley and Michigan as well and have heard nada.  Actually, 

I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM ANYWHERE! 

Still...hopefully we'll all get news this week! (I'm having an optimistic Monday)

21 minutes ago, johnallen said:

Ohio says pending for me as well. I was rejected from U of Wisconsin's Civil Society program, Penn State says I'll get something in the mail (assume a rejection).

Hey I'm waiting on news from Penn State as well- were you emailing with them, talking on the phone?

I doubt that I'll hear anything until end of next week at the earliest based on past posts, but has anyone heard from Princeton or Harvard's joint PhDs in sociology and social policy? I saw a couple of posts about Princeton's demography and social policy program on the results page, but I suppose each concentration has a different timeline.

12 hours ago, IncomingPhD2017 said:

Hey I'm waiting on news from Penn State as well- were you emailing with them, talking on the phone?

I called them. I don't think I'll get it as someone on gradcafe said they received admission via email. This morning Kent state denied me as well.

I just got accepted to UB, with a TA position with four years of funding! My contact in the program also said that they're trying to get me additional funding from a university-wide fellowship. This isn't my first choice school, but I'm still really excited. 

5 hours ago, johnallen said:

I called them. I don't think I'll get it as someone on gradcafe said they received admission via email. This morning Kent state denied me as well.

Oh, has someone been admitted to Penn State? I missed that. I was one of the ones who was contacted and talked to them on the phone, but I wasn't aware that anyone had actually been offered a spot yet.

UNC, UT Austin, Penn State and Arizona were all in my 13 and it looks like some people are hearing from them now...so @sociologicals I feel you in the worried/having not heard status :( 

Congrats to all of you who did get in though!  I am happy for you! (even if a little jealous!)