Fall 2017 Education Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections

hopefulPhD2017

17 hours ago, girgis99 said:

If PhD programs don't invite you for an interview, does that mean you're automatically rejected?

I've gone back and re-read previous year's threads for my schools, and from what I can tell, if a school gives interviews, and you don't get one, you will most likely, eventually, and after a few months of waiting, be rejected.

So, I made a T-chart: schools that give interviews, and schools that don't. I found that process helpful to at least have a sense of what I am waiting for. One school I wasn't sure of so I called them and they very nicely informed me that they don't do interviews and that they'll be sending out notices at the end of January.

On 1/12/2017 at 4:32 PM, girgis99 said:

@higheredbee For UCLA I applied for the MA in HEOC, so I'm assuming MA decisions will be released after PhD decisions. Good luck! I hope we all receive favorable decisions sooner rather than later lol. Fingers crossed!! 

I applied to the MA in Student Affairs at UCLA. The wait is so agonizing! Next week may be the week though!

2 hours ago, Kilos said:

Woop woop! Awesome news.

2 hours ago, mjl89 said:

Congratulations!

2 hours ago, day_manderly said:

Hooooooray! Congrats!!!!

2 hours ago, ugggggh said:

OMG Congrats!!!!!!!! 

Thank you everyone!! Also got an email today from UMich about interships, they expect to have decisions out in early February before the 7th.

18 hours ago, rockrmoose said:

I applied to the MA in Student Affairs at UCLA. The wait is so agonizing! Next week may be the week though!

I know! The anticipation is killing me lol

13 hours ago, hopefulPhD2017 said:

Wonderful news @rockrmoose!!

Thank you!!

I have a question for everyone. I know Master's students don't typically get funding. Does anyone know when financial aid packages come out usually? Will it be before April 15th? I need to know if I can take out a federal loan, and have already filled out the FAFSA. >.<

3 hours ago, tol193 said:

Saw a Michigan Higher Ed PhD interview on the results. Did anyone else apply/receive anything?

Yes that was me! Got an email from a potential advisor for a Skype interview before Tuesday 

30 minutes ago, isa-misa said:

Yes. Interviews are this week, and decisions will be made on January 26th.

@isa-misa I applied to the Policy Program, and when I called I was told there would be no interviews. Are you speaking just of the Higher Ed program? I hope? 

Congrats @higheredbee

On 1/12/2017 at 2:54 PM, girgis99 said:

Has anyone heard back from any Southern California school Education Programs? (e.g., UCI, UCSD, UCLA). The anticipation is killing me! 

@girgis99 I am applying the PhD in UC Irvine's Education school with LLT specialization. I haven't heard anything, not even an interview invitation. My GATS tracker has been showing"being reviewed." I'm preparing myself for any worst case scenario.  

On 1/18/2017 at 4:23 PM, hopefulPhD2017 said:

I've gone back and re-read previous year's threads for my schools, and from what I can tell, if a school gives interviews, and you don't get one, you will most likely, eventually, and after a few months of waiting, be rejected.

So, I made a T-chart: schools that give interviews, and schools that don't. I found that process helpful to at least have a sense of what I am waiting for. One school I wasn't sure of so I called them and they very nicely informed me that they don't do interviews and that they'll be sending out notices at the end of January.

@hopefulPhD2017, that's probably me. I saw in the Results, someone received an interview invitation from the school I'm applying. However, I haven't heard anything. I'm preparing myself for the worst case scenario.

6 hours ago, PaU^_^PaU said:

@girgis99 I am applying the PhD in UC Irvine's Education school with LLT specialization. I haven't heard anything, not even an interview invitation. My GATS tracker has been showing"being reviewed." I'm preparing myself for any worst case scenario.  

I applied for the PhD at UC Irvine's Education School with a EPSC specialization and I haven't heard anything either. My GATS tracker also shows "being reviewed". :(

34 minutes ago, day_manderly said:

Got an interview invite from Boston College (Lynch School of Education)!!!! Overjoyed! God, how do I prepare for the interview?!

Congratulations! I'm sending you lots of luck. Preparation wise I can only suggest threads on this forum and to refresh your knowledge of your personal statement and the work the school does.

19 minutes ago, mjl89 said:

Congratulations! I'm sending you lots of luck. Preparation wise I can only suggest threads on this forum and to refresh your knowledge of your personal statement and the work the school does.

Thank you! Doing just that!

2 hours ago, rockrmoose said:

Someone posted on the results page yesterday that they were accepted via phone call on Jan. 20th to the Student Affairs program at UCLA...awaiting my rejection now...

Hang in there! The program has a wait list (at least the year I was in it) and sometimes someone from the wait list gets accepted later on!