Fall 2017 Education Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections

hopefulPhD2017

Did anyone else applying to USC Rossier (Ph.D) get an email from the director today? In the email, the director says she tries to make time to talk to all of the applicants, so the language is very casual and it doesn't sound like an official interview request. 

Any insight appreciated! 

3 hours ago, higheredbee said:

Did anyone else applying to USC Rossier (Ph.D) get an email from the director today? In the email, the director says she tries to make time to talk to all of the applicants, so the language is very casual and it doesn't sound like an official interview request. 

Any insight appreciated! 

I also applied to USC but have not heard from them so maybe that's good news for you! :)

13 minutes ago, 01848p said:

Has anyone applied to (and heard from CPEP at the University of Michigan?

I applied to CPEP, but still haven't heard anything. They should be sending notices between today or tomorrow. Please keep in touch if you have news!!! :)

42 minutes ago, SabDelta said:

I applied to CPEP, but still haven't heard anything. They should be sending notices between today or tomorrow. Please keep in touch if you have news!!! :)

I've been checking my email about 4 times per hour and slowly losing my mind!! fingers crossed for the both of us! 

Has anyone heard back from any Southern California school Education Programs? (e.g., UCI, UCSD, UCLA). The anticipation is killing me! 

Edited by girgis99

1 hour ago, girgis99 said:

Has anyone heard back from any Southern California school Education Programs? (e.g., UCI, UCSD, UCLA). The anticipation is killing me! 

@girgis99 yes, to my utter shock, I just got an email from UCSD inviting me to participate in interviews happening next week.  It was a generic email saying that I would be contacted by a faculty member in the coming days and that the interview should be complete by 1/22. 

Edited by ugggggh

1 hour ago, girgis99 said:

Hi @girgis99, I applied to UCLA (HEOC) and I haven't heard anything yet. From last year's forums, it looks like applicants were notified at the very end of January.

27 minutes ago, ugggggh said:

@girgis99 yes, to my utter shock, I just got an email from UCSD inviting me to participate in interviews happening next week.  It was a generic email saying that I would be contacted by a faculty member in the coming days and that the interview should be complete by 1/22. 

@ugggggh Congratulations! That is awesome! Hopefully I hear back from them soon, as well. Did you receive an email from UCSD today?

Edited by girgis99

27 minutes ago, higheredbee said:

Hi @girgis99, I applied to UCLA (HEOC) and I haven't heard anything yet. From last year's forums, it looks like applicants were notified at the very end of January.

@higheredbee For UCLA I applied for the MA in HEOC, so I'm assuming MA decisions will be released after PhD decisions. Good luck! I hope we all receive favorable decisions sooner rather than later lol. Fingers crossed!! 

5 minutes ago, girgis99 said:

@ugggggh Congratulations! That is awesome! Hopefully I hear back from them soon, as well. Did you receive an email from UCSD today?

Thanks!! Yep - it came in about 2pm PST.  I'll definitely report back after it happens.  I'm thankful to have heard from one school (and trying to focus on getting ready for the interview) but also wishing I'd hear from others soon. :)

2 minutes ago, girgis99 said:

@higheredbee For UCLA I applied for the MA in HEOC, so I'm assuming MA decisions will be released after PhD decisions. Good luck! I hope we all receive favorable decisions sooner rather than later lol. Fingers crossed!! 

Good luck to you as well! I did my M.Ed at UCLA HEOC, and we took several classes with the MA students. Please let me know if you have any questions about the program :)

2 minutes ago, ugggggh said:

Thanks!! Yep - it came in about 2pm PST.  I'll definitely report back after it happens.  I'm thankful to have heard from one school (and trying to focus on getting ready for the interview) but also wishing I'd hear from others soon. :)

@ugggggh sounds good! I look forward to hearing all about it :) May I ask who your POI is?

3 minutes ago, higheredbee said:

Good luck to you as well! I did my M.Ed at UCLA HEOC, and we took several classes with the MA students. Please let me know if you have any questions about the program :)

@higheredbee Aw thank you! I really appreciate that. 

2 minutes ago, girgis99 said:

@ugggggh sounds good! I look forward to hearing all about it :) May I ask who your POI is?

@girgis99 tbh, this is the one school where I don't really have one... I wasn't able to interact with any professors there before applications were due, but my focus is adult education and social justice, so I just named everyone who I thought would be a good fit in my SOP. :)  I'm interested to see if it is one of those professors who conducts the interviews.   

8 minutes ago, ugggggh said:

@girgis99 tbh, this is the one school where I don't really have one... I wasn't able to interact with any professors there before applications were due, but my focus is adult education and social justice, so I just named everyone who I thought would be a good fit in my SOP. :)  I'm interested to see if it is one of those professors who conducts the interviews.   

@ugggggh That is awesome! Best of luck to you on your upcoming interview :) 

On 1/12/2017 at 7:03 PM, ugggggh said:

Congrats!! That's wonderful. Seems like short notice but maybe it's less time to stress. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

3 hours ago, girgis99 said:

If PhD programs don't invite you for an interview, does that mean you're automatically rejected?

Not necessarily. Some programs don't do interviews. Last year I was accepted to a program and did not have an interview.