Not one admissions result yet!

Markdeejohnsonomaha

30 minutes ago, Markdeejohnsonomaha said:

Waiting to hear back in doctoral programs in political science from Brown, U Pitt, U of Oregon, Syracuse U, and Johns Hopkins.

Would be excited about even a notification of under review, at this point.

Bleh.  Posting here to vent.

I keep hearing about the schools I've applied to accepting people, but I haven't gotten rejections, so I really don't know what to think. It would be courteous of them to send rejections as they are doing so, so that we're not left in limbo.

2 hours ago, Markdeejohnsonomaha said:

Waiting to hear back in doctoral programs in political science from Brown, U Pitt, U of Oregon, Syracuse U, and Johns Hopkins.

Would be excited about even a notification of under review, at this point.

Bleh.  Posting here to vent.

I'm there with you. I'm waiting on two of your five (plus three others). I've even had one application that's been "Under Departmental Review" since December. I think Syracuse polisci will be out soon, since one person claimed to have received an e-mail from DGS already. Hopkins... a bit later, I think. You're definitely not alone, though.

Neither have I received any admission results yet, apart from just a couple rejections out of many programs I applied to so far. I feel you! I often pray that if they don't like my application as much I wish they'd reject me sooner than later so that I can get rid of my "false hopes" faster. Good luck to you all!

Yeah everybody I'm in the same boat... applied to six programs and have heard back from zero. About the only blight on my record is my undergrad GPA and general shenanigans of appearing to change my mind every year and a half of my BA about what I wanted to do with my life. Other than that, perfect GRE, perfect GPA at the MA level, research projects done on three continents.

According to the results posted in here only one of my schools has reached any decisions about anyone.