2010 Religion PhD Results

getmeout

Hey Mike, that's great to hear. If I was in your position I'd be waiting on Duke too.

Do you know anyone else who was offered/accepted at Baylor? I know of one in NT, but that's it.

I've been told that Lindsey accepted in NT. That's all I've heard as far as acceptances go.

If you're sure, I don't see why you shouldn't write to them and tell them that you'd like to withdraw your application. It'll speed along the decision process for others and you don't necessarily have to explain to them why you're withdrawing if you'd prefer not. Once you have the right fit, you have it and there's no sense in delaying.

Thanks! I'm never sure on the right etiquette for this sort of process.

As it happened, I got word from UCSB today that I was waitlisted with no hope of funding; I told the coordinator thanks, but I got an offer with funding, so she can now take me off the list. She congratulated me on getting accepted and told me I made a good decision to follow the funding. The last one is, I'm almost certain, a rejection, but you're right, I should still let the coordinator know. It's just that dealing with her is never a pleasant conversation. She predicted my rejection before I even applied. Charming, right?

Ah, well. If it frees up my rejection for her to have the joy of rejecting someone else, I should probably call.