2010 Religion PhD Results

getmeout

According to the results search:

GTU notifies early Feb.

Northwestern sends out some notifications in Late January.

Duke sends out first round of rejections the last week of January, and they invite for interviews the first week of February

Stanford sends out acceptances the end of January and end of Feb.

Emory already notified the candidates that they are interviewing the beginning of Feb.

Harvard, Yale and Boston College all notify the end of Feb and beginning to middle of March.

Who knows if they will use the same timeline this year as they did the last couple years, but I am holding out hope that they have! :)

According to the results search:

GTU notifies early Feb.

Northwestern sends out some notifications in Late January.

Duke sends out first round of rejections the last week of January, and they invite for interviews the first week of February

Stanford sends out acceptances the end of January and end of Feb.

Emory already notified the candidates that they are interviewing the beginning of Feb.

Harvard, Yale and Boston College all notify the end of Feb and beginning to middle of March.

Who knows if they will use the same timeline this year as they did the last couple years, but I am holding out hope that they have! :)

Emory and Duke are exceptions--they interview.

"Duke sends out first round of rejections the last week of January, and they invite for interviews the first week of February."

Is that Duke, as in Duke GDR or Duke Div? Or is that the same? And do they send out the invites first week Feb or interview 1st week???

A quick look on Duke's website will show you that the Religion Dept. is not the Div School.

"Duke sends out first round of rejections the last week of January, and they invite for interviews the first week of February."

Is that Duke, as in Duke GDR or Duke Div? Or is that the same? And do they send out the invites first week Feb or interview 1st week???

According the results search, Duke GDR sent out invites for interviews the first week of Feb. I suggest doing a results search for Religion, and then you can look at the schools you applied to and see when they started responding in the past. This is all contingent on whether or not they keep the same response schedule as they did in previous years.

Got an acceptance from the GTU today in the mail. Contingent on UC Berkeley's approval. Would love to go there, but it all depends on funding. Maybe I can be one of the lucky (very) few that gets some sort of funding.

Congratulations!

(Yay, religion on the results search...but more importantly...congrats to livgreen; that's totally awesome).

I applied for theology/ethics at the following schools:

Baylor - invited for interview

Have not heard from:

Duke (ThD)

Emory

Vandy

BC

Dayton

Marquette

Anyone heard from these schools? Anyone else have an interview at Baylor?

Have not heard from:

Duke (ThD)

Emory

Vandy

BC

Dayton

Marquette

Flynnkc,

I also received an invite to Baylor's weekend. Guess I'll see you there. Congrats!

And Congrats to livgreen as well!

Edited by redreverend

Have not heard from:

Duke (ThD)

Emory

Vandy

BC

Dayton

Marquette

congrats on the baylor interview. i didn't apply to baylor. i applied to duke and vandy as well. i got an invitation to interview at vandy for E&S next week. best of luck!

I think the Religion forum (and Gradcafe, for that matter) is drastically quieter, this year. Not sure what that means, though.

My theory: all the religion people who applied to top Ph.D programs last year and were rejected are now in M.*. programs that take 2-3 years, so religion admissions next year will SUCK.

:P

congrats on the baylor interview. i didn't apply to baylor. i applied to duke and vandy as well. i got an invitation to interview at vandy for E&S next week. best of luck!

Thanks everyone. So it seems that I didn't get interviews at Vandy or Emory, and Notre Dame failed to call me yesterday. My "waiting to hear from" list is being picked off slowly by the sniper named silence...

But it just takes one. I'd be very happy to go to Baylor, so now I just gotta make sure I don't screw up this interview.

Best of luck at Vandy!

Thanks everyone. So it seems that I didn't get interviews at Vandy or Emory, and Notre Dame failed to call me yesterday. My "waiting to hear from" list is being picked off slowly by the sniper named silence...

But it just takes one. I'd be very happy to go to Baylor, so now I just gotta make sure I don't screw up this interview.

Best of luck at Vandy!

Notre Dame is going to keep calling until the end of this week. So no worries!

Best of luck at Vandy!

thanks! you know what i forgot to mention that i applied to their fellowship program and interviewing for it as well. i don't know if they're doing all the interviews right now or just the folks who are applying for phd and the fellowship? don't have to give up completely!

Anyone want to make a guess on when we will start hearing from Duke? I didn't see the massive list of rejections at the end of January like in the previous years. Maybe there are just fewer of us that applied. :)

i'm thinking/hoping this week...aaarrgghghhhgh please let it be this week.