2010 Religion PhD Results

getmeout

I'm new to this forum and may wish that I had not found it at all. It's great to hear of others getting accepted, but I've only received a wait list notification. C'est la vie. I am still holding out hope.

P.S. I've added my results to the results page, but here they are again. Rejected: Emory, Duke. Wait list: Vanderbilt

twhitley,

I was also placed as an alternate for the Vandy NT spot (and I've heard it's only one spot, unfortunately). Did you interview? Apply for T&P? I neither interviewed nor applied for T&P. I guess we're in the same boat! It'll be interesting to see what happens!

twhitley,

I was also placed as an alternate for the Vandy NT spot (and I've heard it's only one spot, unfortunately). Did you interview? Apply for T&P? I neither interviewed nor applied for T&P. I guess we're in the same boat! It'll be interesting to see what happens!

Only one spot? Unfortunate indeed. I did not interview, but did apply for T&P. Guess I'm out for that either way at this point. Seems like there are quite a few people on the Vandy wait list. This is my first application round (would love for it to be my only - wouldn't we all), so it is a learning process.

Do either those who received acceptance calls from Saint Louis wish to share anymore information?

(And I've not heard anything from Marquette Jules)

I'm one of the SLU admits; I applied to do patristics there. (I've only been reading GradCafe for a couple of weeks.) Yesterday the Director of Grad Studies called with the news that I've been admitted to the PhD program in Historical Theology and that I'm being recommended to the grad school for a ninth-month assistantship (official award letter will come from the grad school, not the department). I really don't know much else at this point, only that I'm told the pool was deep this year and that most of those applying are interested in doing patristics.

I'm one of the SLU admits; I applied to do patristics there. (I've only been reading GradCafe for a couple of weeks.) Yesterday the Director of Grad Studies called with the news that I've been admitted to the PhD program in Historical Theology and that I'm being recommended to the grad school for a ninth-month assistantship (official award letter will come from the grad school, not the department). I really don't know much else at this point, only that I'm told the pool was deep this year and that most of those applying are interested in doing patristics.

Congrats on the acceptance there.

Any word on UVA? I saw an acceptance via email but that seems suspect. Anyone want to claim it? Someone mentioned that they had made decisions but I haven't seen or heard a thing.

A friend of mine found out he got in last week. I'm still hoping there's a chance for the rest of us, though.

Got my rejection in the mail today from Catholic U. After I heard they only have funding for one person, I pretty much had written my chances off. If only that info had come my way *before* I paid the application fee! Best of luck to anyone else who applied there.

We're in the homestretch, everybody. This is my 3rd time around (Lord, have mercy) and the last week of February and first week of March seem to be the time when most programs finally spill the beans on who is in and out. In the meantime, remember these three simple steps for temporary application season relief: 1) one part vodka; 2) one part Kahlua; 3) two parts half-and-half. Hang in there and best of luck! We're almost done!

Accepted: Marquette (PhD, deferred from '09); U of Dayton (PhD, deferred from '09)

Waitlisted: Duke (ThD)

Pending: Yale (PhD); SMU (PhD); UVA (PhD)

Rejected:

We're in the homestretch, everybody. This is my 3rd time around (Lord, have mercy) and the last week of February and first week of March seem to be the time when most programs finally spill the beans on who is in and out. In the meantime, remember these three simple steps for temporary application season relief: 1) one part vodka; 2) one part Kahlua; 3) two parts half-and-half. Hang in there and best of luck! We're almost done!

Thanks for the recipe!!! We will all get through this (in theory)!

Accepted: Marquette (PhD, deferred from '09); U of Dayton (PhD, deferred from '09)

Rejected:

Rejected:

You wouldn't happen to be a Big Lebowski fan, would you? ;-)

/sigh

E-mail from POI at tied-for-top choice: My application was in the 'admit' pile, but she has to adopt the current students of an unexpectedly-retiring professor. :(:angry: If recent trajectories continue, it looks like I may be coming back for round 2 next fall, which is anguishing. (SLU is a fantastic program, but it is an atrocious match for me, personally, especially if the incoming class is mostly patristics-focused).

On a happier note, GOOD LUCK and Godspeed to Febronia, phd_aspirant, and anyone else interviewing at Notre Dame theology this week!

/sigh

E-mail from POI at tied-for-top choice: My application was in the 'admit' pile, but she has to adopt the current students of an unexpectedly-retiring professor. :(:angry: If recent trajectories continue, it looks like I may be coming back for round 2 next fall, which is anguishing. (SLU is a fantastic program, but it is an atrocious match for me, personally, especially if the incoming class is mostly patristics-focused).

On a happier note, GOOD LUCK and Godspeed to Febronia, phd_aspirant, and anyone else interviewing at Notre Dame theology this week!

Thanks for that kind word Sparky. Notre Dame has been the sole bright spot for me in this process; I am anxious to do well there this weekend!

Thank you! I promise a post about the interview weekend, in case it will be of any help to future applicants.

I just got an informal email from the program director at SMU saying I got in! I'm so excited! Supposedly an official letter of acceptance and funding info are already in the mail. I sure hope they're able to offer some special goodness funding-wise.

Knock 'em dead at Notre Dame this weekend, y'all. We're almost out of the woods.

I just got an informal email from the program director at SMU saying I got in! I'm so excited! Supposedly an official letter of acceptance and funding info are already in the mail. I sure hope they're able to offer some special goodness funding-wise.

Knock 'em dead at Notre Dame this weekend, y'all. We're almost out of the woods.

Congratulations! SMU has a great

program! Best of luck to you!

Congrads Thumbnail! And let me second (or at this point fourth) the good luck to the ND folks.