2010 Religion PhD Results

getmeout

Just got an acceptance letter from Marquette (MA Theology). No funding at this time though.

I commiserate...lack of MA funding is the reason I am not at Marquette right now. :/ But congratulations anyway! Are you planning to focus more on historical theo or Scripture (or are you an "I like it ALL" person)?

And yay to mike and johndiligent as well!

Consider it a GradCafe collective in-your-face to the carnage of Duke. :P

I commiserate...lack of MA funding is the reason I am not at Marquette right now. :/ But congratulations anyway! Are you planning to focus more on historical theo or Scripture (or are you an "I like it ALL" person)?

And yay to mike and johndiligent as well!

Consider it a GradCafe collective in-your-face to the carnage of Duke. :P

I would focus on historical theology if I went, but unless I get some sort of financial aid I won't be able to attend. They did say I was a "financial aid alternate", although I'm not putting a lot of hope in that.

Big electronic high-five. If you've got any stats or advice you'd like to post, it would be greatly appreciated. We'll probably re-apply to Baylor next year. Fantastic program and faculty.

Thanks for the ehigh-five!

I don't have any advice as I feel that applications to schools like Duke, PTS, Emory, and (more and more these days) Baylor is largely a crap shoot with too many factors to manipulate effectively. Nevertheless, I'll give you my stats if it will help you in any way.

UGPA: 3.25 (Texas A&M, Community Health)

GGPA: 3.99 (Dallas Theological Seminary, New Testament)

GRE: 730 (Q), 720 (V) 5.5 (writing)

Publications: one at NTS, one pending at JTS

Papers: one at the coming SBL Southwest Regional

Hope this helps!

Do either those who received acceptance calls from Saint Louis wish to share anymore information?

(And I've not heard anything from Marquette Jules)

SLU has notified the people who have been accepted w/offers of funding. The e-mail has not yet gone out to people being offered admission but waitlisted for funding. The department is really, really good at getting money for anyone who does not get it initially once they are in the program.

Thanks for the ehigh-five!

I don't have any advice as I feel that applications to schools like Duke, PTS, Emory, and (more and more these days) Baylor is largely a crap shoot with too many factors to manipulate effectively. Nevertheless, I'll give you my stats if it will help you in any way.

UGPA: 3.25 (Texas A&M, Community Health)

GGPA: 3.99 (Dallas Theological Seminary, New Testament)

GRE: 730 (Q), 720 (V) 5.5 (writing)

Publications: one at NTS, one pending at JTS

Papers: one at the coming SBL Southwest Regional

Hope this helps!

It's definitely good to learn more about what looks good to committees, even though more and more I'm understanding the weight of the whole "crap shoot" element of this lovely process. Thank you for sharing!

SLU has notified the people who have been accepted w/offers of funding. The e-mail has not yet gone out to people being offered admission but waitlisted for funding. The department is really, really good at getting money for anyone who does not get it initially once they are in the program.

To the SLU admit, CONGRATS!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

I'm new to this forum and may wish that I had not found it at all. It's great to hear of others getting accepted, but I've only received a wait list notification. C'est la vie. I am still holding out hope.

P.S. I've added my results to the results page, but here they are again. Rejected: Emory, Duke. Wait list: Vanderbilt

I'm new to this forum and may wish that I had not found it at all. It's great to hear of others getting accepted, but I've only received a wait list notification. C'est la vie. I am still holding out hope.

P.S. I've added my results to the results page, but here they are again. Rejected: Emory, Duke. Wait list: Vanderbilt

You're right - don't give up hope. Staying optimistic has certainly enabled me to keep my sanity and sense of humor. It'll all be okay!

You're right - don't give up hope. Staying optimistic has certainly enabled me to keep my sanity and sense of humor. It'll all be okay!

Thanks a lot. It is indeed nice "knowing" others going through the same thing. And I'm very happy when others get acceptances because I know how stressful the whole process is.