2010 Religion PhD Results

getmeout

Likewise.

And now it looks like there is a Yale interview as well?

Wait, who has gotten interviews and Duke and Yale? I can't find it in the previous thread. Thanks

Accepted: Marquette (PhD, deferred); U of Dayton (PhD, deferred)

Pending: Yale (PhD); Duke (ThD); SMU (PhD); UVA (PhD)

Rejected:

Wait, who has gotten interviews and Duke and Yale? I can't find it in the previous thread. Thanks

Rejected:

No one has posted anything on the forum, but they were submitted on the results page.

http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=relig*

Hi virtual GradCafe friends! Sorry for the mysterious Duke interview on the results board. I am brand new to this website. Anyway, it was me. Fingers crossed...

Good luck to you! Just getting an interview from Duke seems to be quite an accomplishment, so you can be proud of that! Do you mind if I ask what your subfield is? (You can private message me if you'd rather not post it.)

Hi virtual GradCafe friends! Sorry for the mysterious Duke interview on the results board. I am brand new to this website. Anyway, it was me. Fingers crossed...

Would also be interested to know your subfield. Thanks.

Rejected:

Hi there - Marquette? I'm a bit unfamiliar with deferred admission status. Does that mean accepted prior application or this current application?

Thank you and best of luck - that Duke ThD would be incredible.

I wish I'd prepared my heart a bit more before reading this thread...

So, am I reading this correctly: if we haven't gotten the nod from BC, Vandy or Emory, that's it?

Sigh.

I'm pretty sure that BC hasn't notified anyone yet....

Don't despair....it's still early in the game, and I think you applied to several places, right? All it takes is one!

Hi there - Marquette? I'm a bit unfamiliar with deferred admission status. Does that mean accepted prior application or this current application?

Thank you and best of luck - that Duke ThD would be incredible.

Hi JulesM,

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was accepted at Marquette and Dayton last year but, due to family issues, deferred my decision to accept/reject their respective offers until this April. We'll see what happens with this new round of apps, but I'd be quite happy to wind up at either place. Thanks for the opportunity to clarify. Peace.

Rejected:

I'm pretty sure that BC hasn't notified anyone yet....

Don't despair....it's still early in the game, and I think you applied to several places, right? All it takes is one!

Indeed:

Vandy

Emory

BC

Fuller

Virginia

Duke (ThD)

The ThD is the one in which I'm most invested (I'm Duke MA and my sis is currently MDiv). I've also been accepted to Eastern Mennonite Seminary with the potential for funding, dependent upon a scholarship process. It's nice to have a "yes" out there! But I'm looking forward to this all being over.

Any one know the skinny on UVA? Their app deadline was Dec 2!

I wish I'd prepared my heart a bit more before reading this thread...

So, am I reading this correctly: if we haven't gotten the nod from BC, Vandy or Emory, that's it?

Sigh.

I heard from a pretty reliable source that Vandy is only interviewing Theology and Practice applicants. So, if you applied for the fellowship and haven't heard back, then that might be bad news. If, however, you only applied for a program, then there might be a chance.

Hi JulesM,

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was accepted at Marquette and Dayton last year but, due to family issues, deferred my decision to accept/reject their respective offers until this April. We'll see what happens with this new round of apps, but I'd be quite happy to wind up at either place. Thanks for the opportunity to clarify. Peace.

Rejected:

Thank you for the info. Still learning this process. It's our first year, and watching the results roll in has made us decidedly neurotic. Hence, we're stepping back from forums for a couple days to let our nerves settle.

There's faculty in Marquette and Boston U who would be awesome to work with. When I saw Marquette, Boston U, Fordham all in a couple days, it was a lot to handle - why on earth are they notifying so much earlier than prior years, and why the heck haven't they called us? :)

Thanks again.

I was accepted with funding to Fordham in the Biblical Studies wing of the Theology Dept by phone a couple days ago. Not sure how many spots they have open this year but I'm pretty sure they are accepting several in the Theology wing of the dept. Good luck to all who applied!

I was accepted with funding to Fordham in the Biblical Studies wing of the Theology Dept by phone a couple days ago. Not sure how many spots they have open this year but I'm pretty sure they are accepting several in the Theology wing of the dept. Good luck to all who applied!

Congrats! You're on a roll.

good for you congratulations!

I just got an email saying I am on the waitlist for the ThD at Duke. Hmmm... I guess this is a bit what purgatory feels like.

Everyone else hanging in there ok?

Accepted: Marquette (PhD, deferred from '09); U of Dayton (PhD, deferred from '09)

Waitlisted: Duke (ThD)

Pending: Yale (PhD); SMU (PhD); UVA (PhD)

Rejected:

Redreverend, congratulations on your acceptance at Fordham! Thanks for noting that their Biblical Studies concentration is in the Theology Department, which is in Arts and Sciences instead of the School of Religion. I hadn't found it before. May I ask, which do you prefer between FSU and Fordham, and why?

I just got an email saying I am on the waitlist for the ThD at Duke. Hmmm... I guess this is a bit what purgatory feels like.

Everyone else hanging in there ok?

Accepted: Marquette (PhD, deferred from '09); U of Dayton (PhD, deferred from '09)

Waitlisted: Duke (ThD)

Pending: Yale (PhD); SMU (PhD); UVA (PhD)

Rejected:

That's cool good for you! Damn though didn't hear anything from Duke. Guess I know what that means. Wonder when they'll send out rejections.

Congrads! Just out of curiosity, (don't feel obligated to answer) did you apply for special scholarships/ funding? Also, are you the person on the results list who received a call from Daddy McShane?