2010 Religion PhD Results

getmeout

Still nothing from Union or Drew!!! AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! And actually I did get something from Vandy yesterday, I thought it would be the official rejection letter, so I could move on, but it was just a hard copy of the email I got mid-February about being an alternate. I feel like they're toying with my heart... :(

Still nothing from Union or Drew!!! AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! And actually I did get something from Vandy yesterday, I thought it would be the official rejection letter, so I could move on, but it was just a hard copy of the email I got mid-February about being an alternate. I feel like they're toying with my heart... :(

I got the same thing in the mail yesterday and had the same thought. Ah well. Continue the wait.

I got the same thing in the mail yesterday and had the same thought. Ah well. Continue the wait.

I also got the same letter from Vandy - I thought it odd considering the post here that the NT spot is already filled. Do you think there will ever be an official rejection letter, or do they hold their waitlist into the summer in case anything falls through with accepted applicants?

Have you heard from anywhere yet, PB? I'm rooting for you!

Thanks! I heard from Drew today. Rejected. Very disappointed, but wasn't surprised. Hard to get into an American school as an international right now (in Hum/Social Science anyway).

Still waiting on the others.

It's great that you have some choices, and still waiting to hear from the rest. That's definitely enviable position, I think.

Edited by peppermint.beatnik

I got word today that I was accepted into the PhD program in Religious Studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara!

I love that program, too! Mark Juergensmeyer is one of the coolest scholars of his generation. They just have a really great program that I hope other schools emulate in the coming years. Their graduates generally have much more interesting projects than other places.

Mad congratulations to JMR0408 and tenorcervantes! :D And on the MA front, to johndiligent as well!

My fingers are crossed for everyone still waiting. Continued good luck...

i guess it balances out :mellow: rejection from union after i sent email asking about notifications. here's the email i got:

"Letters will be sent out next week. I do regret to inform you that the Committee has not invited you into the program for the 2010 academic year. I encourage you to reapply next year. I have attached the application to this e-mail for your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you."

oh well.

Thank you everyone for your congratulatory comments! I am really thinking that I'm going to accept the offer at UC Santa Barbara. However, I am on a waiting list for funding. But there may be opportunities for TAships and fee fellowships. We'll just have to see I guess. Unfortunately, Santa Barbara is a fairly expensive place to live. But it's definitely my dream program!!

Does anyone has any information concerning U of T Religion PhD admissions? Anything would be of help. Waiting is wearing me down.

I went to the open house at UofT and there were a number of PhD students there. Did you receive the same "short list" email as the MA students? Have you contacted the grad admin?

Thanks! I heard from Drew today. Rejected. Very disappointed, but wasn't surprised. Hard to get into an American school as an international right now (in Hum/Social Science anyway).

Still waiting on the others.

It's great that you have some choices, and still waiting to hear from the rest. That's definitely enviable position, I think.

That's too bad, I'm sorry. I hope you hear good news from U of T.

I went to the open house at UofT and there were a number of PhD students there. Did you receive the same "short list" email as the MA students? Have you contacted the grad admin?

No, I didn't receive the "short-list" e-mail. So, the e-mail did, in fact, also go out to PhD applicants. I just want to make sure before I attempt e-mailing grad admin.

Thanks for the reply.

No, I didn't receive the "short-list" e-mail. So, the e-mail did, in fact, also go out to PhD applicants. I just want to make sure before I attempt e-mailing grad admin.

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I don't know for sure if everyone got that email or if they have made all their decisions. I hope for good news.

Well, I don't know for sure if everyone got that email or if they have made all their decisions. I hope for good news.

I am also a prospective Toronto PhD and haven't heard a peep. Just checked my status on the website and it still says "under review". According to the website, when a decision has been made regarding the application status will be updated to "Decision Made". I am not sure what the "shortlist" emails were supposed to indicate nor am I sure if they went to MAs only; however, my feeling is that final decisions have yet to be made.

I am also a prospective Toronto PhD and haven't heard a peep. Just checked my status on the website and it still says "under review". According to the website, when a decision has been made regarding the application status will be updated to "Decision Made". I am not sure what the "shortlist" emails were supposed to indicate nor am I sure if they went to MAs only; however, my feeling is that final decisions have yet to be made.

The thing about the "under review" is that my experience with those systems tells me they're not terribly reliable.

I may e-mail the department, tomorrow, I'll let you know if hear anything useful.

Not to be a downer, but I was accepted to the MA at U of T on Monday and my status on the website also still says Under Review.