Playwriting MFAs

dampka

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ZoraNeale2021 said:

Hi @Agez do you happen to know when we should expect to hear if we have been chosen for an interview with UCSD? 

Hi Zora!

I know they mentioned having to delay for a week or so, so I think first round of phone interviews will happen around early February. I'm not sure if that means that's when they are gonna occur or if that's when they'll start notifying. I know that's vague, but I hope can help!

On 1/29/2022 at 2:02 PM, MischiefNotManaged said:

Well, this week is about to be a big week with potentially CMU and Columbia interviews going out. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Ahhh it feels like I just sent out my applications...is the timeline usually so quick? I wasn't expecting to hear back until the end of February at the earliest. 

Also congrats to everyone who got their apps in this cycle! First time I'm doing this and it was such an exhausting process. We all deserve a pat on the back just for doing the damn thing. 

18 hours ago, FefuFornes said:

Ahhh it feels like I just sent out my applications...is the timeline usually so quick? I wasn't expecting to hear back until the end of February at the earliest. 

Also congrats to everyone who got their apps in this cycle! First time I'm doing this and it was such an exhausting process. We all deserve a pat on the back just for doing the damn thing. 

Yeah, last year I got interview notifications for Carnegie and Columbia on Feb 1st :-) Carnegie for sure will go out tomorrow night, possibly Columbia. I'm hoping Yale too. There will also be many going out from now through the end of February and probably into early March, so if you don't hear back tomorrow don't fret! Definitely doesn't mean anything as far as your chances. They often do waves. 

Hey everyone! Thought I'd post a Fafsa reminder since I didn't realize until today that Columbia's is due tomorrow! This is my second year applying and I am much less organized than the first year (I guess I'm trying to be more go with the flow haha.)

Anyway, I don't think anyone else applied to The New School's MFA in Contemporary Theatre (that program is replacing their previous playwriting MFA) but just in case it's useful, I had an interview/portfolio conference with them last week which felt super early!

Best of luck to you all!

@thefates thanks so much! I will try to breathe!

@ZoraNeale2021 yay, congratulations!! I have my group interview Monday at 10 am ET, what about you? feel free to private message me if you want to chat more (i think we can do that on here?)

Hope everyone else gets good news soon, I haven't heard from any other schools yet

good luck on the Carnegie Mellon interview @tomlette and @MischiefNotManaged!

11 hours ago, Zebras4Ever said:

@ZoraNeale2021 yay, congratulations!! I have my group interview Monday at 10 am ET, what about you? feel free to private message me if you want to chat more (i think we can do that on here?)

Hope everyone else gets good news soon, I haven't heard from any other schools yet

thank you!! break a leg with the yale interview :)

15 hours ago, Zebras4Ever said:

Mine is on Saturday!!!! Best of luck!!! Rooting for all of us!!!! ?