2010 MFA Visual Arts admission replies and results

sunjingfang1

i got accepted to Otis too! And Claremont. I am still waiting to hear from CSULB..... I hope someone gives me $

did you get into the MFA program at Otis in Studio Art or Public Practice?

Edited by crey01

Cranbrook painting acceptances:

Congrats to you both! Did you go through any kind of interview or they just flat out take you? They want me to do a phone interview on Wens. Very excited but scared to come so close and miss. Interviewed at MICA Hoff already, went well.

Yup - I'm doing a call too. Good luck!

Edited by AggroCrag

I received a phone call from Charlie White as I was arriving to work very early in the morning. I got into USC.

Lord above I am overwhelmed. I never even imagined it would come to this.

I received a phone call from Charlie White as I was arriving to work very early in the morning. I got into USC.

Congrats! USC is amazing! I went there for undergrad and studied with Charlie White, Sharon Lockhart and all the greats there. It is an amazing school and it only got better since I left (which is slightly lame for me, haha). I HIGHLY recommend that you go there, you will not regret it.

That makes me wonder about me getting into USC...I also applied there for NG. Haven't gotten any word about anything from them or UCLA....

I guess no news is good new though right? I know USC does interviews though...

Yup - I'm doing a call too. Good luck!

I'm talking to Beverly on the phone, but the email said it was a "conversation" not an interview. Now I'm not sure what to think. Hmmm...

I'm talking to Beverly on the phone, but the email said it was a "conversation" not an interview. Now I'm not sure what to think. Hmmm...

its probably just because they dont want you to get all nervous like it is a job...

Charlie at USC said they want the two years to be like a vacation, not like work experience.

Charlie White's work is amazing...and gives me nightmares all at the same time. lol.

His work is great. He is an amazing professor too, very inspiring. seriously CRAZY, but amazing.

its probably just because they dont want you to get all nervous like it is a job...

Charlie at USC said they want the two years to be like a vacation, not like work experience.

Thats really weird to hear from Charlie considering he is SUCH an intense person. Put the program at USC is great and they know what they are doing there.

Does anyone know when we are supposed to hear from USC?

I talked to them this morning, they said they had sent out letters at the end of last week. So check your mailbox.. but based on the conversations about interviews, I'm starting to doubt.

Thats really weird to hear from Charlie considering he is SUCH an intense person. Put the program at USC is great and they know what they are doing there.

I'm pretty sure it was him...he seemed intense, but not overly.

I don't know if he was just trying to sell the program or what...but that is what he said. "We want this to be like a 2 year vacation from life, 2 years to work and concentrate on what you are doing"

Has anyone called the admissions for any of the programs that have not yet responded? It sounds like no one has heard from RISD and I was thinking of giving them a ring to ask about when they would be making a final decision. I don't want to be yet another person calling them asking that question, so I figured I would check here first.

Haven't heard from USC, RISD sculpture, SAIC film&video, and Calarts film&video.

Hey has anyone heard a word from Columbia Printmaking?

I heard the department started reviewing a bit later. Ive only seen posts for new genres and painting so far.

I interviewed last year, hope to get a second chance. Only school applied to this year. Top schools are worth the wait. This will be my third time applying.

SIGH

I'm pretty sure it was him...he seemed intense, but not overly.

I don't know if he was just trying to sell the program or what...but that is what he said. "We want this to be like a 2 year vacation from life, 2 years to work and concentrate on what you are doing"

That sounds like him for sure. and he is right...that program is great and all about the work and you.

Hi Everybody, I have been following this thread for a long time now. Thanks to everyone for providing such helpful information and congratulations on all of your acceptances!

My list:

Accepted:

Parsons Fine Arts (with funding!) - 3/10

SVA Photography Video and Related Media - 3/13

Still Waiting:

Goldsmiths - Contacted by International Student Representative– A very informal and confusing email trying to arrange a meet up / interview to answer any questions I have... Anyone else in this boat?

Slade (In Person Interview on 2/25)

MICA Mount Royal (Phone Interview on 3/3)

Hunter (Combined Media) - I know some of you have heard from Painting and Sculpture... Have any of you heard from Combined Media? Not sure if they sent out interviews invitations yet...

Good luck everyone!

Edited by emmyland

Does SVA and Pratt notify via email or snail mail? I havnt heard from either for painting MFA.

Ucla: rej

sva: no news

pratt: email confirmation about complete app sent 3/12

Otis: accept for fine arts

Does SVA and Pratt notify via email or snail mail? I havnt heard from either for painting MFA.

Ucla: rej

sva: no news

pratt: email confirmation about complete app sent 3/12

Otis: accept for fine arts

Hey,

How did you hear from UCLA, email???

Thanks! Good luck!!

Has anyone called the admissions for any of the programs that have not yet responded? It sounds like no one has heard from RISD and I was thinking of giving them a ring to ask about when they would be making a final decision. I don't want to be yet another person calling them asking that question, so I figured I would check here first.

Haven't heard from USC, RISD sculpture, SAIC film&video, and Calarts film&video.

I got sick of waiting. I called 3 schools this morning, they seemed nice on the phone and not too pissed that I was calling. Calling paid off! I learned I was rejected from Cal State Long Beach painting/contemporary practices (I think I applied to the wrong department), but I was accepted to Claremont Graduate University!! It's my first acceptance (I'll only go if my wife gets accepted to a school in California also). Northern Illinois U. told me to check the web after 4/1.

U Chicago = rejected

SAIC = My wife and I interviewed on 3/6, should get a decision in the mail by the end of the month.