2010 MFA Visual Arts admission replies and results

sunjingfang1

EDIT: Found an answer on SAIC's Facebook fan page. They said 6-8 weeks after the deadline date, and the 6 week mark lands on this Friday. Gives me the heebie jeebies.

Good luck!

I heard via MFA Blog that 2006-2009 MFAW has sent letters out between March 7-24th. Fits the facebook info.

So nervous..

good luck guys.

@2differentsocks I applied to RISD in photo and wondering if they got back to you via email or post?

Congratualtions to everyone who has got through and best of luck for interviews.

Still waiting to hear from

RISD

Columbia

I am not from the US and not familiar with the financial aid forms. Is there any thing in particular I need to keep in mind while at it? What is the criteria for getting funding? Would really appriciate some advise.

Accepted to VCU painting with funding on Tuesday 2/23 via phone call!

@Calliope: VCU...Really? Congrats! You are the first person to hear back from them on the board I think...Someone from photo called me and said interviews will be made in March. My friend applied to their Drawing dept. and she is interviewing at Yale, MICA and Bard but, hasn't heard back from VCU either.

I wonder what this means. *over analyzesmellow.gif

Edited by littlenova

Still nothing from SAIC, this sucks! If Im rejected I just want to know so I can go on with my life and focus all my anxiety on the other 4 schools Im waiting on

Spaced - still nothing from SAIC for me either. I feel the same way.. it's driving me craaaazy! that i don't know either way. I'm fine with the rejection letter at this point (sorta) but I'd really just like to get it over with so I can cross that anxiety off the list. Funny thing about this, I got an email from the art education dept the other day about an interview with them... I didn't apply to that program. Weird huh? All I got back when I emailed them about the mix-up was an email saying they forwarded my email to the office of admissions. I have no clue what's going on! So scary and bizarre. Anyways... yeah I guess we'll just have to wait. Do you have a website of your work, Spaced? I wonder if we're in the "we like these peoples' work but not as much as these other peoples'... we'll see how the other interviews turn out first?? then contact them" pile?? Who knows... truly bothersome. but best of luck to both of us!

Hello Everyone! I just started reading this and have never posted before.

I applied for an MFA in Painting and/or Drawing (depending on the school.)

Here is my list:

Rejected:

Yale

Haven't Heard From:

SAIC

MassArt

SMFA

SVA

Hunter

Columbia

NYU

New York Studio School

Purchase College

Woke up by DHL person who sent me my SAIC packet this morning, and checked e-mail box (first thing in the morning! ALWAYS!), a notification from MICA is there.

Calarts also wrote to confirm a Skype interview. Three dates are available TODAY! Tomorrow, and next Tuesday. Of course, I went for the last date.

Good luck, everyone! Keep your hopes alive and high! We have to nail it!

Admission

SAIC - MFA Studio Visual Communications (accepted without interview)

Interviews (MFA GD)

Yale (3/29)

Calarts (3/2)

MICA (3/5 or 3/12) - e-mail dated 2/25

Pending

RISD

CCA

Pratt

Boston

UIC

NYU ITP

Anybody apply to University of Buffalo, by any chance? I would like to connect with other people who were accepted to their Visual Arts program...

I was accepted to the University of Buffalo's Media Studies program, which I believe works with the Visual Studies program. I'm interested in their Emerging Studies Focus which is a collaboration between the two programs.

Hey everyone,

Here is my list thus far (I applied to a lot of places):

I applied in sculpture to places that offered it, otherwise in the general MFA art programs.

Yale:Rejected

RISD:Interview

Cornell:Interview

Michigan:Interview

University of Chicago:Accepted with half tuition funding

Alfred:Accepted with full funding plus stipend (They offer this to everyone accepted)

Ohio State:Accepted and high on waitlist for funding

USC:Nothing yet

VCU:Nothing yet

Iowa:Nothing yet

Tyler:Nothing yet

Quick question, I may not find out if I get funding from Ohio State until the last minute (depends on when people tell them if they are not going there). Anyone have any idea what the typical Ohio State funding package is? I just am wondering because it would be good to know to weigh against other options.

I wish everyone the best of luck with the process and congratulate those who have been accepted to places. For those who haven't been, don't sweat it. I applied to eight places last year and got a big zero in the acceptances department. So things really can change in a year so don't get too down!

When did you find out about RISD? I haven't heard back yet, do you think that's a good sign?

I am applying for Painting programs where available.

I was accepted to UMass Dartmouth on 2/26

I have an interview to MassArt on 3/26

I haven't heard from:

RISD

Parsons

BU

SAIC

SMFA

Carnegie Mellon

CalArts

Emily Carr

I am thinking about just going for UMass Dartmouth since I think the school would be a good fit, and it is economical

@Rama: I heard via email, but to be honest I have a feeling when/how you hear from one department has no bearing on when/how you would hear from other departments within the school.

@ilbisbee: I really have no idea if its a good or bad sign if you haven't heard yet. If you are applying in the sculpture department I would guess they contacted all of their applicants for interviews, but for all I know they do not even interview everyone. I will say that their interviews are conducted the last week in March, so there is still plenty of time that they could be using to decide on other individuals to interview, but again I really have no idea.

Hope that helps!

@alizarin:Congrats!

Thanks, littlenova. Now, I'm super nervous. I've never done an interview like this before and I don't know what to expect. This application process has been taking its toll on me. I've been depressed, impatient, my confidence went down the drain, I've already accepted the fact I'll be rejected everywhere, maybe it's not my time yet. Lol yup, I've gone crazy..

I can't tell you how much better reading this has made me feel. I've had no word from anyone (but at least I'm not the only one) Here's my list:

UConn

NYU

Penn Design (Anyone else apply here?)

GMU

VCU

I just found out yesterday there were issues with my applications to GMU and VCU.

Just a quick warning, if you applied to VCU and EVER attended a community college (even just to get one summer class in) they'll want that transcript too.

Thanks, littlenova. Now, I'm super nervous. I've never done an interview like this before and I don't know what to expect. This application process has been taking its toll on me. I've been depressed, impatient, my confidence went down the drain, I've already accepted the fact I'll be rejected everywhere, maybe it's not my time yet. Lol yup, I've gone crazy..

Your not alone, Im right there with you. I feel very crazy. I have even been accepted to one school but Im questioning now how bad I want to go there, or anywhere for that matter. This is is stupid since I have put so much time, money and energy into the the process. Yup I am very irrational, and to be honest I dont think looking at this forum 18 times a day is doing anything to help my neurosis.

@krixa Congrats on the UMass acceptance. I applied there as well, but to the design department for photo. I got an email that said I've been accepted, but no official letter yet, and no word on funding. Just out of curiosity, how were you notified, and did you get a funding offer?

@Calliope: VCU...Really? Congrats! You are the first person to hear back from them on the board I think...Someone from photo called me and said interviews will be made in March. My friend applied to their Drawing dept. and she is interviewing at Yale, MICA and Bard but, hasn't heard back from VCU either.

I wonder what this means. *over analyzesmellow.gif

Hmm.. I wonder what it means too! My friend also got the phone call acceptance from VCU painting/printmaking that same day, but it seems like none of their other departments have made decisions yet. I wish you the best of luck!! And congrats to your friend with all the interviews!

I know just how you feel. I have been feeling the exact same! Good luck with your interview!

Edited by sophiab

I just got an interview at RISD for painting too! Yay! They notified me via email this afternoon.

Now it's time to be nervous.. My friend had an interview with RISD a few years ago and she said it was mostly the faculty discussing her work in front of her, without too many questions for her. She said it seemed like they had already made up their minds about her. But that was a while ago, and I'm sure the process is different depending on the faculty who interview you.

Good luck to everyone!!

I know just how you feel. I have been feeling the exact same! Good luck with your interview!

add me to that list too. My mind is pretty set on next year already and I'm still waiting to hear from 2 schools. If I do get an acceptance, I very well may defer. Is that weird?