2010 MFA Visual Arts admission replies and results

sunjingfang1

I got accepted into UNC Chapel Hill also but, with no mention of financial assistantship... Hmm...

I dont think they have processed the finacial aid yet, the only reason I heard about my possible fellowship was because its a graduate school-wide one that required another decision process. They didnt mention anything to me about additional aid if I get or dont get the first one. I expect we will hear from them in the next month.

I think I got admitted to CCA! It says "congratulations - admitted" as of 2/26 when I logged into the webadvisor thing, but I haven't received a letter yet. I am hoping this is true! I've been rejected from UCSD, Berkeley, CalArts so far. I had a very good interview with SFAI last week. Still waiting to hear from RISD, UCLA, CMU, Cranbrook, UCSC, San Jose State.

congrats!! did they interview you first or are they just calling to notify of acceptances? i applied but havent heard from them yet.

Yes, they did a phone interview the week before. I think each department does it differently. I have friends who applied for sculpture there but still haven't heard yet. Good luck!

thanks for your reply! and i guess that's a bummer for me then. i applied for painting so now i just have to wait for my rejection :( just one more question though, when they told you the date of your interview did they call you or email you? i'm just trying to figure out why i havent heard from them at ALL! congrats again on your acceptance!! that's really something to celebrate :)

Yes, they did a phone interview the week before. I think each department does it differently. I have friends who applied for sculpture there but still haven't heard yet. Good luck!

columbia finally called today for an interview! interviews are in march, same week as yale...

Congrats on your Columbia interview. When did they call you? Did they call on a Saturday? I didn't know admissions are open on the weekends, I never get any news on the weekends. Does it mean we're out if we don't get an interview w/ Columbia?

I dont think they have processed the finacial aid yet, the only reason I heard about my possible fellowship was because its a graduate school-wide one that required another decision process. They didnt mention anything to me about additional aid if I get or dont get the first one. I expect we will hear from them in the next month.

Congrats! On getting accepted! Perhaps we'll get to meet in the fall!

Here is my list of schools;

U of Michigan- reject

UNC-Chapel Hill- Accepted

Tyler- ?

RIT- ?

Carnegie Mellon- ?

Ohio University- ?

Indiana University- ?

I have noticed that some people have received rejections from Tyler, I am still waiting... Hmm... What is going on?

Did you do a non-degree seeking thing at GMU? Why are you reapplying? Just wondering.

I actually think that I might pass on GMU for another program. I like it there, but I really care about exhibition opportunities and connections and working out of Fairfax is sort of a minus in my book.

Just like an information secession, not like a real program. I know what you mean about Fairfax, but I figured I'm not going to worry about anything until I hear from people. All the schools I applied to have pros and cons, so I figured I'll just wait and see who wants me and who doesn't and then figure out what really matters.

General question for all Visual Arts MFA hopefuls:

Anyone know about the Post Baccalaureate certificate programs? Anyone been encouraged to apply for this "in between" year, in lieu of immediate acceptance?

I have a feeling SAIC has done that to me. I logged back into SlideRoom for SAIC, and there was a new "pending submission" folder, entitled "Post Bac" admission.

Ugh. So confused!

Congrats on your Columbia interview. When did they call you? Did they call on a Saturday? I didn't know admissions are open on the weekends, I never get any news on the weekends. Does it mean we're out if we don't get an interview w/ Columbia?

Ya they called on a Saturday, and to my cell phone. It sounded like he was at his house too, with lots of guests/kids/animals.

I am assuming that they do interview everyone they are still considering --

I was told 1100 applied/550 for painting. 25 will be admitted/9 painters.

He didnt tell me how many are being interviewed though...

Hey everyone - so I just talked to a good friend of mine who works at CCA and he told me that if we haven't heard from schools either way, it's probably a good thing. His exact words were, "the longer it takes to hear, the better" so that made me feel better - only heard from SFAI so far with an interview next week. I'm fretting about not hearing from schools and assuming I'm out because I haven't heard, but after talking with him I realized that he may be right and that I shouldn't worry until there's something to worry about.

Just thought I'd pass along the positive vibes... :)

Hey everyone - so I just talked to a good friend of mine who works at CCA and he told me that if we haven't heard from schools either way, it's probably a good thing. His exact words were, "the longer it takes to hear, the better" so that made me feel better - only heard from SFAI so far with an interview next week. I'm fretting about not hearing from schools and assuming I'm out because I haven't heard, but after talking with him I realized that he may be right and that I shouldn't worry until there's something to worry about.

Just thought I'd pass along the positive vibes... :)

Thanks! that does put me a little more at ease