2010 MFA Visual Arts admission replies and results

sunjingfang1

What program did you apply for at Tyler?

fibers...

i also called nyu steinhardt and they told me a decision was made but wouldnt tell me what, but said i should get a letter in the mail this week... i applied there for sculpture

Hi everyone,

my latest statistics -

UCI Irvine, Studio Art MFA F2010 - rejected

New York Academy of Art, painting - rejected(just got the letter today)<_<

CalArts, Graphic Design 3year MFA- ??

SFAI, MFA painting- ??

Pratt, MFA painting- ??

SVA, MFA painting- ??

Parsons, AAS Graphic design- ??

Just got a call for an interview with hunter for a 9am slot on march 20, applied for painting.

I just got a call from Hunter too for an interview at 11am the same day, March 20th (applied for painting). I was told there were 800 applicants, 110 interviews, for around 55 spots.

Just curious, how did you find out you were rejected from UNM? They're also one of my top choices, but I haven't heard anything from them...I'm assuming I got rejected :(

Last week, snail mail. I got the slimiest 3 sentence rejection letter on the thinnest paper known to man =( What class.

Last week, snail mail. I got the slimiest 3 sentence rejection letter on the thinnest paper known to man =( What class.

Reminds me of a similar rejection I got.

They rejected me via email to the wrong program. A few minutes later I got another email apologizing (saying their TA sent rejections to the wrong people), with two obvious typos and a rejection to the correct program. :lol:

Hey all, Update on my MFA Painting Results:

Yale: Rejected (online system)

SAIC: Rejected (Received letter today. I found the wording to be respectful and kind.)

Haven't heard from:

Hunter

Columbia

NYU

SVA

NY Studio School

Purchase College

MassArt

SMFA

what a relief. thank you for sharing this.

okay, I called Columbia and they said, just because you haven't been asked for an interview doesn't mean you're rejected. They said they don't interview everyone they want.

Sadly, this simply isn't true - the person you spoke with may have been speaking about the other departments in the school of art. Unfortunately for us - those applying for a visual arts MFA - they most certainly do interview everyone. There are only 25 people admitted per year - they curate the selection of students, and interviews are an important part of that process. I've known tons of kids who have gone there and sat on panels. They definitely interview everybody they're interested in.

The only slim light we have - painting usually makes their calls earliest, new genres makes their decisions last.

Blah, it sucks, I know.

what a relief. thank you for sharing this.

Sadly, this simply isn't true - the person you spoke with may have been speaking about the other departments in the school of art. Unfortunately for us - those applying for a visual arts MFA - they most certainly do interview everyone. There are only 25 people admitted per year - they curate the selection of students, and interviews are an important part of that process. I've known tons of kids who have gone there and sat on panels. They definitely interview everybody they're interested in.

The only slim light we have - painting usually makes their calls earliest, new genres makes their decisions last.

Blah, it sucks, I know.

But I specifically asked about MFA Visual Arts. Hmm..I don't know what to think anymore.

SAIC: Rejected (Received letter today. I found the wording to be respectful and kind.)

I recieved my letter today as well and agree it was very tactful.

My updated list

Berkeley=rej

Saic=rej

No word from:

Pratt

Hunter

RISD

VCU

Madison=accepted

CCA=Accepted

I noticed the same thing when I logged on today! So it's true, right?

I think I got admitted to CCA! It says "congratulations - admitted" as of 2/26 when I logged into the webadvisor thing, but I haven't received a letter yet. I am hoping this is true! I've been rejected from UCSD, Berkeley, CalArts so far. I had a very good interview with SFAI last week. Still waiting to hear from RISD, UCLA, CMU, Cranbrook, UCSC, San Jose State.

I noticed the same thing when I logged on today! So it's true, right?

I hope it is, and that they are just disorganized with their letters!! I know in their email they said we should log into webadvisor to check admission status. I emailed them today to double check, but haven't heard back.

I hope it is, and that they are just disorganized with their letters!! I know in their email they said we should log into webadvisor to check admission status. I emailed them today to double check, but haven't heard back.

what's webadvisor? how are u guys finding this out? sadly i never heard back from them since i did my interview, womp womp.

what's webadvisor? how are u guys finding this out? sadly i never heard back from them since i did my interview, womp womp.

search your inbox for "CCA application received" or "CCA webadvisor". That email has a login and password to get into webadvisor, and you can see your admission status there.

search your inbox for "CCA application received" or "CCA webadvisor". That email has a login and password to get into webadvisor, and you can see your admission status there.

@ thanks sophiab!!! i dont know how i managed to miss all of that. it looks like i'm admitted too, if the site is right...