2010 MFA Visual Arts admission replies and results

sunjingfang1

i'm getting a little worried no one has heard from ucla or usc

does anyone know anything about their whole process? do they do interviews?

Both UCLA and USC do phone interviews. I haven't heard from USC (I'm New Genres, waiting on pins and needles!!) but I heard through the grapevine that a friend of a friend has already gotten an interview with UCLA in painting.

Both UCLA and USC do phone interviews. I haven't heard from USC (I'm New Genres, waiting on pins and needles!!) but I heard through the grapevine that a friend of a friend has already gotten an interview with UCLA in painting.

boo :'(

congrats everyone!!!!!!!

I must have also applied to schools that like to wait a while to give out decisions....It's driving me crazy!

How do you think they (the schools/art departments etc) view calling and emailing and checking for your status? Because I really want to email and call every school and say decision now pretty please!

Anyone out there still not heard from SAIC??? I was thinking a rejection would be in my mailbox today since a few others said they got theirs on Monday. Maybe because I'm on the west coast it takes longer... grrrr!!!! I'm seriously sick to my stomach at this point.

In other news, I emailed RISD admissions for painting and they said:

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for applying to Rhode Island School of Design.

We haven't heard from the graduate Painting Department yet. Graduate decision letters are scheduled to be mailed by March 24th.

Good luck with your application!

Admissions Office

Rhode Island School of Design

I'm not sure what this means, especially since I saw someone post that they have an interview on March 24. I'm so confused! I wish it were all over. So to recap once more:

Interview: SFAI (March 10)

No Word: SAIC, RISD, Columbia, UCLA, PNCA, Univ. of Washington

P.S. I had a friend that applied to the Univ. of Washington a few years ago (he ended up going to Cranbrook and graduated last Spring) and they didn't call him until the end of May! No word until the end of May when they finally told him he was accepted... he told them he was leaving for Michigan the next day and that was that. I can't wait until June!!! AGH!!!!

Hey Michelle, I feel you, I am going crazy with this whole process as well. About RISD, I have an interview too on March 24th. From what I know, they said 45 are going to be interviewed for 10 spots. *sigh* I'm soo scared. I am waiting to hear from SAIC too (for printmedia, I already got rejected from painting). Good luck with your SFAI interview.

I guess, so much for UCLA then......

I guess, so much for UCLA then......

I haven't seen anyone on this message board yet say anything either way about UCLA - no need to throw your hopes away on that one yet, Alizarin! I'm so jealous/happy for you about your RISD interview! That's so rad! Congrats! You'll do just fine - just relax and be yourself. Honesty is always the best policy. I'm excited about SFAI - I originally moved from Pennsylvania to Portland about 4 and a half years ago. I'm not sure I could see myself on the east coast again so I'm happy to have SFAI as a possibility. San Fran would be fantastic! Here's to hoping, for both of us!! :)

April 1st can't come soon enough, right? I'm so ready to hear news, make decisions and know once and for all where I'll be next fall!

news so far...

Accepted: CCA

Interviews: Cranbrook, SVA, CalArts

No word: RISD, MICA

Accepted to SAIC for Visual Communications. Holy wow!

Hopefully, all hopefuls for *other* SAIC programs will hear soon. Hang in there, Michelle! I'm totally waiting for your news!

Congrats Savant! So awesome! Did you interview with them or did they just send you a letter in the mail saying you got in?? You live in AZ and I live in Oregon sooo... maybe I'll hear one way or another tomorrow. My post sometimes takes a day longer than normal.

P.S. I heart Tucson! Is that where you're from? I saw your post on the SAIC facebook site. I visit about once a year... I've got a few friends down there that I just love dearly. Went for the All Souls Procession in November... freaking incredible! and the saguaros... they're pretty much the most magical things ever! :)

Yes, MICA GD MFA. My interview was on February 1st. There website says the notifications (of acceptance) go out on March 19th.

Are you applying to VCU?

@commandzhee / Wow~ That's really early for an interview! No, I didn't apply to VCU. I've just finished my video chat with Calarts. Having my fingers crossed! Good luck to you too!

@sophiab / I received an email from CCA, saying they want to do a phone interview. Though the webadvisor suggests I'm accepted, I guess I haven't really nailed it yet.

Accepted to SAIC for Visual Communications. Holy wow!

Hopefully, all hopefuls for *other* SAIC programs will hear soon. Hang in there, Michelle! I'm totally waiting for your news!

Congrats! Such a relief, eh?

Congrats Savant! So awesome! Did you interview with them or did they just send you a letter in the mail saying you got in?? You live in AZ and I live in Oregon sooo... maybe I'll hear one way or another tomorrow. My post sometimes takes a day longer than normal.

P.S. I heart Tucson! Is that where you're from? I saw your post on the SAIC facebook site. I visit about once a year... I've got a few friends down there that I just love dearly. Went for the All Souls Procession in November... freaking incredible! and the saguaros... they're pretty much the most magical things ever! :)

Wow! This just gets better and better!

I am currently finishing up my BFA at UofA. I'm originally from Yuma, Arizona, so college was on the "backburner" for some time. I'll be 29 in a few months, so to say that this has been a long time coming is a *bit* of a understatement!

Soooo cool that you know about Tucson! It's THE best place in the state, hands down. The All Souls Procession is just the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks for the congrats, btw.

No interview--the VisCom department doesn't interview, for reasons unknown to me. Just got the letter in the mail today. It was the ONLY thing in my box. And, it was a thin, standard size. My heart sank. I was doubly proud when I opened and read it!

I did find something quite interesting--right above my name and address on the envelope face. A student number. I guess they assign them, straightaway, so you can make the deposit payment on the ARTIC student portal. I can only surmise this, but I'm thinking that all admissions mailings will include this 7-digit number. Don't hold me to it, though! Just a guess. Could be different from dept to dept.

Still hoping for you, Michelle. I am going to friend you on FB, too! Would love to hear what your decision is, ultimately!

Has anyone else checked the UCLA graduate division website for their application status? Mine still says they havent received any documents... I'm hoping they just don't update it... let me know if anyone's says their application has been received.. http://www.gdnet.ucla.edu/prospective.html

cheers,

i wouldn't worry about it, mine said that too. i emailed them, and they told me they had everything & wait till march. :/

@commandzhee / Wow~ That's really early for an interview! No, I didn't apply to VCU. I've just finished my video chat with Calarts. Having my fingers crossed! Good luck to you too!

@sophiab / I received an email from CCA, saying they want to do a phone interview. Though the webadvisor suggests I'm accepted, I guess I haven't really nailed it yet.

That's strange! I did my CCA interview a couple weeks go. Good luck with yours! Seems like things are going super well for you already. :)

My UCLA admission status page also says they haven't received anything.

That's strange! I did my CCA interview a couple weeks go. Good luck with yours! Seems like things are going super well for you already. :)

My UCLA admission status page also says they haven't received anything.

I wrote back to ask about my CCA admission status. The associate professor said that she thinks I'll be admitted and that I'm considered for scholarship! YEAH~

April 1st can't come soon enough, right? I'm so ready to hear news, make decisions and know once and for all where I'll be next fall!

news so far...

Accepted: CCA

Interviews: Cranbrook, SVA, CalArts

No word: RISD, MICA

I thought SVA didnt make interviews, at least for the MFA FIne arts, anyone knows something? Especially regarding the international applicants?

THankss